Any NSW 190 plumber invitations?

Lucindansw

Hi 

We've submitted an EOI for 190 visa (February 2020), plumber 70 + 5, hoping to get invited by NSW.

Wondering if any plumbers have been invited by NSW recently and how many points you had / how long it took to be invited? 

Or if you're in the same boat waiting for NSW plumber invite let's get in touch and keep each other updated on progress! 

Hi Lucinda,

I've submitted an EOI for visa 190 (February 2020), electrician 70+5 in NSW.

I would like to know the same things as you. I know is not the same profession but I suppose the timing should be similar. I'm particularly worried about the points we have, I hope they are enough.

On 20/02/2020 at 13:36, Lucindansw said:

Hi 

We've submitted an EOI for 190 visa (February 2020), plumber 70 + 5, hoping to get invited by NSW.

Wondering if any plumbers have been invited by NSW recently and how many points you had / how long it took to be invited? 

Or if you're in the same boat waiting for NSW plumber invite let's get in touch and keep each other updated on progress! 

Hi we’re looking to make The same application I’ve been chatting with a company called Down under centre and he seem to think we have a good chance of invitation via 190 hopefully yours is the the same good luck and let us know how you get on 

5 hours ago, My Lord said:

Hello guys, I just received 2 days ago the invitation by nsw, so it took me less than 15 days, now I have to provide the documentation. I hope you receive your invitation as fast as possible. 

Oh wow congrats! That's amazing news, so fast! Thanks for the update 🙂

On 27/02/2020 at 16:16, Maryf said:

Hi we’re looking to make The same application I’ve been chatting with a company called Down under centre and he seem to think we have a good chance of invitation via 190 hopefully yours is the the same good luck and let us know how you get on 

Hi great thanks for getting in touch, are you also doing plumber application and 70 + 5? 

Our lawyer thinks our chances are pretty low at the mo, so good to hear someone else thinks there's a good chance!

Edited by Lucindansw

On 22/02/2020 at 01:00, Marisawright said:

Those are low scores.  Have you both taken the English test?  Or can you take it again to improve your points?

Hi yes we're hoping to get an extra 10 points with superior, but the test is crazy hard! 

24 minutes ago, Lucindansw said:

Hi yes we're hoping to get an extra 10 points with superior, but the test is crazy hard! 

Are you taking IELTS? If so, try E2 Language even if it’s self study on YouTube. There’s some lessons by one of their guys called Jay who is great. He breaks it down so you understand what is needed and how to get there.  

10 hours ago, Lucindansw said:

Hi great thanks for getting in touch, are you also doing plumber application and 70 + 5? 

Our lawyer thinks our chances are pretty low at the mo, so good to hear someone else thinks there's a good chance!

Hi 

I really hope so, I think if the electrician can get in with same points we stand a chance for the plumbers  hopefully l, we are still just collating info for skills test and booking English test etc, which English test did you do ? Good luck hope you get your invite soon 

I consulted 2 migration agents, one said  there are low chances with 75 points, while the other said there are good chances and that some people get invitation even with 70. I think there's a lot of confusion even between them. However I wish you good luck guys! 

45 minutes ago, My Lord said:

I consulted 2 migration agents, one said  there are low chances with 75 points, while the other said there are good chances and that some people get invitation even with 70. I think there's a lot of confusion even between them. However I wish you good luck guys! 

You've also got to remember, if an agent tells you there's no chance, he won't get the business.

Reputable agents with a thriving business will be honest with you, but there are people out there who'll talk up your chances just to get you to sign up. 

Apparently the 190 is unpredictable, because the state doesn't go strictly by points and chooses people based on what skills the state needs at the time. 

55 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

You've also got to remember, if an agent tells you there's no chance, he won't get the business.

Reputable agents with a thriving business will be honest with you, but there are people out there who'll talk up your chances just to get you to sign up. 

Apparently the 190 is unpredictable, because the state doesn't go strictly by points and chooses people based on what skills the state needs at the time. 

True, I believe in their honesty, however I received several contrasting info from both of them, so I suggest to don't lose hope if they tell you there are low chances. They may miss some recent data or have some wrong convictions. For example one of them told me, in contrast with what you said, that they prioritise the highest points and after that they take account of the skills the state needs. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 06/03/2020 at 03:06, Lucindansw said:

I used the Down Under Center, and they helped me through the process. I'm a carpenter by trade and managed to score 85+5ss. I have seen other trades invited with significantly lower points than me, which was mind boggling. I think the logic is common sense, you can't load up the country with 160,000 100pt accountants! the trades along with other non pro-rata occupations are high in demand occupations, have high application ceilings and are rarely filled up, only a handful of applicants manage to make the cut per year! It is a long shot to be fair, but as long as your in a non pro-rata occupation and the occupation isn't some obscure BS, I say be prepared to wait and go for it! 

• 4 years later...