Holidays Outside My Regional Area

JetBlast

Hello,

I am fortunate enough to have a job that has a healthy amount of annual leave. I am keen to use this to visit other parts of Australia and overseas.

I am on a 489 visa sponsored by SA. I am wondering if there is a maximum period of time I can be outside of the state please? I won't be living or working outside the regional area just visiting.

Thanks 

39 minutes ago, JetBlast said:

Hello,

I am fortunate enough to have a job that has a healthy amount of annual leave. I am keen to use this to visit other parts of Australia and overseas.

I am on a 489 visa sponsored by SA. I am wondering if there is a maximum period of time I can be outside of the state please? I won't be living or working outside the regional area just visiting.

Thanks 

So you'll still be working in region (even if you are outside it visting elsewhere) as being on annual leave is still working legally...

As for visting other areas I am pretty sure that is fine so long as you don't take up residence or employment

It's a different matter if you go outside the country as that stops the counter for things like an RRV or Citizenship application - but staying within Oz and just being a standard tourist I would think is absolutley fine

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JetBlast said:

Hello,

Thanks 

They intend to be ‘flexible’ in considering compliance to this condition and you are absolutely allowed to go on holiday or travel for business trips/training - you will raise flags if you are outside your regional area for more than 90 days a year or 60 days straight, or have a travel pattern that looks like you are working elsewhere. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, paulhand said:

They intend to be ‘flexible’ in considering compliance to this condition and you are absolutely allowed to go on holiday or travel for business trips/training - you will raise flags if you are outside your regional area for more than 90 days a year or 60 days straight, or have a travel pattern that looks like you are working elsewhere. 

I don't have that much holiday so all good!

Thank you both for taking the time to reply.