Statutory declarations

T&E Group ltd

Hi all 

I’m currently in the process of applying for my skills assessment and I have one more document to submit to meet the criteria. Statutory declaration!! I’m a self employed electrician and was hoping someone could help me with creating this document as I’m not quite sure where to start. 

looked online for templates etc and not much luck 

thanks

1 hour ago, paulhand said:

Commonwealth stat dec: https://www.ag.gov.au/Publications/Statutory-declarations/Pages/download-a-statutory-declaration.aspx

If you need a UK one there are examples online. 

On the back of the stat declaration example it lists the people that can witness it.

Be careful, this is a list of professions in Australia that can witness your statutory declaration.

If the person you want to witness yours is not registered in AUS or NZ then you need to use a solicitor or a commissioner of oaths (or your equivalent of not in the UK)

Good news for UK people is that all solicitors will do this and by law can only charge £5 per document witnessed (whereas commissioner of oaths is many times more)

The Department’s view on this is: “If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident and you reside outside Australia, your statement cannot be considered a statutory declaration under Australian law, even if it is made using the template provided by the Attorney-General’s Department. However, under policy, your statement should be witnessed or certified according to the legal practices of the country in which you make the statement. Failing that, it should be witnessed by a person whose occupation or qualification is comparable to those listed above. This person should sign, date and specify their occupation at the bottom of the statement.”

if you are using a UK based RMA they are able to witness an Australia stat dec.