491visa

Dipi

Hi there, 

Does anyone have any idea about 491 visa for short occupationp/nursing. I applied for EOI for Perth. But recently I've come to know that each state has different subcriteria on top of common visa requirements. So it says need to have 12 months job contract for state nomination requirements. I'm very much confused and stressed. No idea, how do I find a job without visa as most of the employer asking for right to work in Australia for job position. 

Also seems Queensland doesn't seem to need job contract. Can someone share any thoughts pls. 

Many thanks 

2 hours ago, Dipi said:

Hi there, 

Does anyone have any idea about 491 visa for short occupationp/nursing. I applied for EOI for Perth. But recently I've come to know that each state has different subcriteria on top of common visa requirements. So it says need to have 12 months job contract for state nomination requirements. I'm very much confused and stressed. No idea, how do I find a job without visa as most of the employer asking for right to work in Australia for job position. 

Also seems Queensland doesn't seem to need job contract. Can someone share any thoughts pls. 

Many thanks 

WA: most jobs are on the graduate list only, meaning if your not a graduate with a WA University your out.

A lot of other states require job offer first. This is usually for people either on temp visas or graduates. It’s very hard to get a job from overseas as if they do offer you one, EOI can take weeks and the application can take months! No employer will really wait that long 

QLD: don’t need job offer but they have very very limited quota. Have a go though!

It’s becoming tougher and tougher to be in Oz. When you do get there, it’s becoming more and more expensive to live. 

Where you from?

hi Dipi,

You can approach recruitment agent for nursing positions.

then you usually receive regular mass mail regarding job vacancy.

Once you see any position that attracts you, try to reply to the agent with as much information about the sponsorship as possible as agent usually does not know about the visa stuff. eg, describe the available visa, what the sponsor need to do, how long you will be in australia if you are oversea.etc..

this is how I found my pharmacist sponsorship and had interview today. Still waiting for final decision to sponsor me or not.

hope this help

9 hours ago, Dipi said:

Hi there, 

Many thanks 

You are correct that WA are only nominating nursing positions in ‘genuinely’ regional areas ... in other words the State has decided to narrow the definition of regional and is aiming to enforce this through the job offer requirement. Details are on the WA website. 

QLD isn’t asking for a job offer, but generally is looking for 5 years post qualification experience for all nursing roles. Again, details on the BSMQ website. 

2 hours ago, paulhand said:

You are correct that WA are only nominating nursing positions in ‘genuinely’ regional areas ... in other words the State has decided to narrow the definition of regional and is aiming to enforce this through the job offer requirement. Details are on the WA website. 

QLD isn’t asking for a job offer, but generally is looking for 5 years post qualification experience for all nursing roles. Again, details on the BSMQ website. 

Thank you, I  think, need to try Queensland. In this case do I need to withdraw my EOI for WA. 

8 hours ago, Lambert said:

WA: most jobs are on the graduate list only, meaning if your not a graduate with a WA University your out.

A lot of other states require job offer first. This is usually for people either on temp visas or graduates. It’s very hard to get a job from overseas as if they do offer you one, EOI can take weeks and the application can take months! No employer will really wait that long 

QLD: don’t need job offer but they have very very limited quota. Have a go though!

It’s becoming tougher and tougher to be in Oz. When you do get there, it’s becoming more and more expensive to live. 

Where you from?

Thank you. I think I've to withdraw WA EOI n do another application for queensland. Am I right that we've to withdraw or suspend previously made EOI to do new application. 

Thank you 

Just now, Dipi said:

Thank you. I think I've to withdraw WA EOI n do another application for queensland. Am I right that we've to withdraw or suspend previously made EOI to do new application. 

Thank you sorry forgot to mention that I've been working in UK a perioperative nurse since last 12 yrs. 

21 hours ago, Dipi said:

Hi there, 

Many thanks 

That's the difficulty with State nominated visas such as the 491 and 190, you are chasing a moving target.

Unlike the actual visa Regulations which are fairly stable, the State requirements can change at any time and they do.

The States can add and remove occupations from their own State lists at will, as well as imposing whatever additional criteria they want.