Subclass 309/100 vs subclass 300/100

Donia

I noticed that the processing times for subclass 300 is between 18-24 months and subclass 309 is between 17-20 months. I assume the difference is whether you are married or not? Can anyone confirm this is the only difference between these 2 sub-classes as my application shows the longer processing times currently as I am not married at the moment. Will my subclass change if I get married during the visa application stage? Many thanks in advance. 

2 hours ago, DamoC said:

I noticed that the processing times for subclass 300 is between 18-24 months and subclass 309 is between 17-20 months. I assume the difference is whether you are married or not? Can anyone confirm this is the only difference between these 2 sub-classes as my application shows the longer processing times currently as I am not married at the moment. Will my subclass change if I get married during the visa application stage? Many thanks in advance. 

A 300 is a Prospective Marriage Visa, from which you then need to apply for a 309/100. The difference is that it is a fiance visa which allows you to enter Australia and get married. whereas for the 309/100 you need to already be married or be in a de facto relationship.

Different visa different requirements, different processing time. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Nemesis Can you tell me how or what I need to do to update my application from a PMV to a partner visa as I’m due to get married in May 2020, so was wondering what I need to do to update this or how I contact the immi team?

Any help would be much appreciated. 
Thanks in advance

59 minutes ago, DamoC said:

Thanks @Nemesis Can you tell me how or what I need to do to update my application from a PMV to a partner visa as I’m due to get married in May 2020, so was wondering what I need to do to update this or how I contact the immi team?

Any help would be much appreciated. 
Thanks in advance

If you get married before a PMV is decided then you cannot be granted the PMV and your application needs to be “switched” into an application for a 309 visa. Based on what you have written, you should probably seek the advice of a registered migration agent to understand the options available to you. 

• Like 1