What do I do for Xmas day?

Lambert

Most of the hotels and clubs have some kind of christmas lunch on if you don't want to spend the day by yourself.  Magpies always does a pretty good one.  I'd imagine Airlie would have a pretty good thing going on with all the backpackers away from home, though you'd probably want to book accommodation; I know the island tour boats are running (got a mate getting triple time as a first mate that day) so you could spend the day cruising the Whitsundays in company and have christmas lunch on board?

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/12/2019 at 23:15, Lambert said:

What is the norm for Christmas Day? I was thinking driving to Airlie beach and take a picnic or something? 

Hello

The norm is what you make it surely!

Several options -  that I have done over the years:

Book lunch or dinner at a restaurant. I usually chose a posh place but even a local RSL would be good.

Go to any open attraction (last year I went to the zoo)

Book onto a retreat or resort or hotel for a night or two.

Take picnic or BBQ to a picnic spot or local beach - take bathers or snorkel, or book or music with headphones

Stay at home, watch films, and go for a walk after lunch.

Maybe there is some boat hire to be had, or a cruise leaving from Airlie Beach. Sailing around the Whitsundays sounds good to me

See if any MeetUp groups in the area for other singles.

Have you looked at any organised options for the day at all?