Suggestions of items to bring from the UK?

Wanderer Returns

3 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

Socks, shoes, coat hangers (yes you have to buy them here). Are you bringing a container? To be honest we didn’t bother, but I do regret it as you don’t realise how much you really have until you have to replace everything.

Yes, we've just been quoted £3750 for a 20-footer which would take the entire contents of our 3-bedroom semi. It seems like a lot of money, but as the shipping agent (rather effectively) argued it would cost a lot more to replace all this stuff in Australia.

On 06/12/2019 at 07:49, Wanderer Returns said:

@ABG that's brilliant feedback - thanks for taking the time. We have quite an old washer/dryer which we both love although I don't think it'll last too much longer as it must be almost 15 years old already. Maybe it would be a good idea to replace it with an energy efficient unit before we ship. We also have a Smeg dishwasher which was in the house when we bought it, but I'm thinking of taking that with us as it could be very handy. I lived in Brisbane for 3 years before I don't remember ever using a drier, so I think that would be surplus to requirements.

We left our tumble drier behind on England with our house sale.  Haven’t missed it at all.

• Thanks 1

On 07/12/2019 at 18:09, Wanderer Returns said:

I also thought that our dishwasher was integral - it fits into the unit so well - but the shipping agent said they can be removed like any other white goods. I'm not sure what kind of a hole it will leave behind though!

Our rental had a dishwasher as did the house we bought.  We did bring and use the tumble dryer and washer.

• Like 1