Family member sick speed up 309 visa

Joey123

Hi,

I am currently living with my wife overseas and until her visa is approved. It has been almost 11 months now.

I have my father who has kidney failure and is in a very bad condition. I wan't to go and see him, but I don't wan't to leave my wife behind and I would like my wife to meet him before anything happens to him.

My question is, if I provide a medical certificate about my father being in a critical condition, would the Australian embassy speed up my wife's application?

And second question, I have a migration agent, but am I allowed to personally write to the embassy about my dad's situation or do I have to send that writing to my agent then he sends it to the embassy? Am I not allowed to write on my own to the embassy if I have assigned an agent to correspond on my behalf? Or is it still ok?

Thank you

1 minute ago, Joey123 said:

Hi,

I am currently living with my wife overseas and until her visa is approved. It has been almost 11 months now.

I have my father who has kidney failure and is in a very bad condition. I wan't to go and see him, but I don't wan't to leave my wife behind and I would like my wife to meet him before anything happens to him.

My question is, if I provide a medical certificate about my father being in a critical condition, would the Australian embassy speed up my wife's application?

And second question, I have a migration agent, but am I allowed to personally write to the embassy about my dad's situation or do I have to send that writing to my agent then he sends it to the embassy? Am I not allowed to write on my own to the embassy if I have assigned an agent to correspond on my behalf? Or is it still ok?

Thank you

If you have a migrant agent you are best to ask them this question.  Most on here, myself included are not professionals in this area. Whilst many will help if they can it makes no sense to take their word over a migrant agents.

Hey, thank you guy's for replying 

I will definitely ask my migration agent. The only problem with a tourist visa is that my wife is from Syria and a lot of Syrians are getting rejected for a tourist visa due to the on-going war. My agent also told me that

I thought I would ask on here first to see if anyone who had a family member sick did have their visa speeded up due to emergency situations 

2 minutes ago, Joey123 said:

I will definitely ask my migration agent. The only problem with a tourist visa is that my wife is from Syria and a lot of Syrians are getting rejected for a tourist visa due to the on-going war. My agent also told me that

I thought I would ask on here first to see if anyone who had a family member sick did have their visa speeded up due to emergency situations 

Ah ok. In that case, no idea. Good luck. Someone may have a similar experience. Australia will be waking up in the next few hours so you might get more responses then. 😊

1 hour ago, Tulip1 said:

If you have a migrant agent you are best to ask them this question.  Most on here, myself included are not professionals in this area. Whilst many will help if they can it makes no sense to take their word over a migrant 

Edited by Joey123

1 hour ago, Joey123 said:

Highly unlikely to be speeded up, even if she was from a low risk country. From a high risk country there is virtually no chance, especially as it is your relative not hers. They will say you can travel back any time

Your agent may be able to put a good case for a tourist visa but I reckon thats the best you;ll get

I think you just need to go yourself.  If you delay due to trying to get your wife a visa and it’s too late then you may have a hard time coming to terms with that. I understand you want your wife to meet him but you being there is what matters to your dad. He’d rather see you than not because you’re holding out for someone he’d never even met.  Why can you not leave your wife for a very short time?  

• Like 1