482 visa allows medicare through Netherlands reciprocal health agreement?

shellym

Hi all,

We're moving from Netherlands to Australia. We will be on a 482 visa for almost two years because my partner will be splitting time between a NL job and a Australian job for two years. Only after that will be apparently be eligible to apply for Permanent residency.

Does anyone know if under the 482 visa and for 2 years, we can use the reciprocality agreement with the Netherlands to be eligible for medicare ? Or does it make more sense to get the temporary visa insurance since most of our time will be spent in Australia? Any resources you can point me to would be very welcome. 

Thank

Reciprocal health doesn't cover everything. Basically, they will prevent you from dying. So, it is recommended you have suitable insurance?

Have you been granted the visa yet as it is a condition on grant that the post is full time. What the employer wants is irrelevant 

it is very important you understand you may not be eligible for a PR visa in two years time and the advice always given to this moving on a temp visa is to assume you will be returning at the end of it. 

6 hours ago, shellym said:

Hi all,

We're moving from Netherlands to Australia. We will be on a 482 visa for almost two years because my partner will be splitting time between a NL job and a Australian job for two years. Only after that will be apparently be eligible to apply for Permanent residency.

Does anyone know if under the 482 visa and for 2 years, we can use the reciprocality agreement with the Netherlands to be eligible for medicare ? Or does it make more sense to get the temporary visa insurance since most of our time will be spent in Australia? Any resources you can point me to would be very welcome. 

Thank

The Netherlands does have a reciprocal health agreement with Australia, conditions apply.

The two year eligibility for PR does not sound correct and you may want to do further research in regards to future PR.