Question about documents required for citizenship application

Sigemup

Hi guys,

I have a couple of questions about documents required for citizenship application:

- Are there any such documents that we need to submit which are not our own. Such as identity documents of family members etc ? (If only one applying)

- Do we need to give all our email addresses ? I have a few such as 2 personal email IDs, official email ID and other. Do we need to give all those or only one or 2 is sufficient (I do not frequently use all        the email IDs)

- Do we need to give the details of all the bank accounts that we have for the application.

- If in form-80 the space is not sufficient to fill all the details in additional information, how do we give more information ? do we need to scan simply get that single page from another form 80 and              attach  it to the form-80 that we are submitting ? 

Thank you

Edited by Sigemup

Hi again!

1. No. Only for those applying. But, you do need: DOB, place of birth, citizenship and date acquired of any parents or siblings you are listing on the app.

2. No. Give a couple if you want. I've only ever given one primary email address per application/applicant.

3. No. Only to pay your fee, no banking details/history for the actual application.

4. Have you a specific case which requires a form 80 for citizenship? It wasn't a requirement for us, and i wasn't aware it was for any citizenship path (could be wrong!).

For our form 80 on the 186, we created a standalone Word doc, and used a new page for each section which needed continuation. Clearly labelled in the header of each page, something like:

'PART F - QUESTION 19 | EMPLOYMENT HISTORY CONTINUATION'

Then we'd try as best we could to 'recreate' the form fields or table from the form 80 section in Word, and continuing filling in there.

Say if that was page 1 of the continuation Word doc, we'd add a note in to the last available part of the original form 80 section "CONTINUED ON PAGE 1 CONTINUATION SHEETS"

Then simply PDF the Word doc when done and insert these pages at the end of the form 80 so it's altogether and can't be missed.

Hope that makes sense.

Edited by millski88
  • Like 1

On 09/10/2019 at 22:27, millski88 said:

Hi again!

1. No. Only for those applying. But, you do need: DOB, place of birth, citizenship and date acquired of any parents or siblings you are listing on the app.

2. No. Give a couple if you want. I've only ever given one primary email address per application/applicant.

3. No. Only to pay your fee, no banking details/history for the actual application.

4. Have you a specific case which requires a form 80 for citizenship? It wasn't a requirement for us, and i wasn't aware it was for any citizenship path (could be wrong!).

For our form 80 on the 186, we created a standalone Word doc, and used a new page for each section which needed continuation. Clearly labelled in the header of each page, something like:

Then we'd try as best we could to 'recreate' the form fields or table from the form 80 section in Word, and continuing filling in there.

Say if that was page 1 of the continuation Word doc, we'd add a note in to the last available part of the original form 80 section "CONTINUED ON PAGE 1 CONTINUATION SHEETS"

Then simply PDF the Word doc when done and insert these pages at the end of the form 80 so it's altogether and can't be missed.

Hope that makes sense.

Thank you Millski ! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/10/2019 at 22:27, millski88 said:

Hi again!

Hope that makes sense.

Hi Millski88,

Regarding the Form 80 point in the above question. I thought form-80 was required since I read many forum posts about the application asking for details of  overseas travel. So I assumed it was in Form-80 that this needs to be filled. Also, I may have read (but not sure if I have read it) somewhere in forums people submitting Form-80 for the citizenship application or being asked to upload it. Have you come across such a requirement in your reading anywhere on this ? 

1 hour ago, Sigemup said:

Hi Millski88,

Regarding the Form 80 point in the above question. I thought form-80 was required since I read many forum posts about the application asking for details of  overseas travel. So I assumed it was in Form-80 that this needs to be filled. Also, I may have read (but not sure if I have read it) somewhere in forums people submitting Form-80 for the citizenship application or being asked to upload it. Have you come across such a requirement in your reading anywhere on this ? 

In the citizenship application itself there is a 'Countries Resided/Visited' section which resembles the section in the Form 80. I haven't personally heard of anyone having to submit the full form 80 for citizenship.

Mentioned elsewhere, the form 1300t gives you an overview of the citizenship application before you can access the online version:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form-listing/forms/1300t.pdf

See page 24 - Part G.

• Like 1

On 26/10/2019 at 08:27, millski88 said:

In the citizenship application itself there is a 'Countries Resided/Visited' section which resembles the section in the Form 80. I haven't personally heard of anyone having to submit the full form 80 for citizenship.

Mentioned elsewhere, the form 1300t gives you an overview of the citizenship application before you can access the online version:

See page 24 - Part G.

Thank you Millski88

On 26/10/2019 at 05:27, millski88 said:

See page 24 - Part G.

Has anyone managed to complete this section accurately. I'm really struggling. I used to go over to Ireland a couple of times a year to see family, I've been on several EU based holidays and have no stamps. Any ideas? I went to Iceland around 2000/2001 but I have no idea of actual dates!

Over the last 10 years I went overseas about 8 to 10 times a year for work , visiting family etc. Mostly long weekends. I spent a long time digging up old emails, diaries , etc to get the dates.  I'm sure if the dates are out a little it doesn't matter as they want the just of your lifestyke.  I filled the travel part on the partners visa application and now have to fill it all again on the form 80.  The repetition is annoying .

• 1 year later...

Hey Everyone! about international trips section, do we need to fill in ALL the trips? even those were for like 2 or 3 days? In Europe, traveling from one country to another is really easy, just with the ID so I haven't been keeping track of my trips actually. Do we need to include all of them in details? Or maybe just those outside Europe let' say? any idea?