Moving to Western Australia as a Medical Laboratory technologist

Hi there.

I am a certified Canadian medical laboratory technologist (or medical lab scientist, as they call it in Oz). I was wondering if anyone here has moved to Australia as an MLT or under any other healthcare profession. 

-are MLT's in high demand in Australia (preferably in W.A.)?

-what type of visa did you apply for?

-were you sponsored by an employer before applying for a visa?

any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

SC

The first img you need to check is if it is on any of the skilled occupation lists. Then which list. That last part is key as if it is only on the short term list, then you would need to check if WA are sponsoring by checking their sponsorship list. 

I have seen this occupation pop up a few times and it seems very hard to pass the skills assessment based on memory. 

My advice would be to run you situation passed a good registered migration agent such as Paul Hand who posts on here regularly or any of the other agents that post regularly. Generally they will give a free assessment 

• Like 1

Hey VeryStormy, Thanks for getting back to me.

I have just checked and my profession falls under the MLTSSL list. In any way, I think it is a great idea to consult a professional regarding this situation. 

Do you have any ideas of how to get a hold of any agents on this site?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by SebastianMLT

12 hours ago, SebastianMLT said:

Hey VeryStormy, Thanks for getting back to me.

I have just checked and my profession falls under the MLTSSL list. In any way, I think it is a great idea to consult a professional regarding this situation. 

Do you have any ideas of how to get a hold of any agents on this site?

Thanks in advance.

Your occupation will give you a number of alternative visa pathways, depending on your age/qualifications/experience etc. Happy to take a look for you if you get in touch.