Submitting Medicals

Lavers

Hi Everyone

I submitted my visa application at the end of April without submitting my medical and PCC, so just wondering should I just wait for the CO to request them or is it worth getting them done now?

Just don't wont to submit them and got to the back of the queue again.

Thanks

Mark

50 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

For what visa?  It will depend on the likely processing time and if on or offshore.  Usually best to wait till asked as they are only valid for a year and don’t take long to sort.  Unless you need a police check from somewhere that is more complicated than UK or Australia.

For a 190  and from the UK. I didn't submit at the start due to the processing times and the fact that I didn't really want to move until next August.

Just thinking that I am 5 months in and expecting CO contact in a couple of months asking for medicals, so is it worth getting them ready now and just carry on waiting until I am asked.

5 minutes ago, paulhand said:

Really your choice, but if a quick grant is not what you are looking for then why not wait until asked. The point of front loading would be to (hopefully) speed up the processing.

I'll just hang fire then, just thinking because I'm possibly nearly at the point of the CO asking for them I'd save them the job. Suppose it doesn't make a difference though.

On 26/09/2019 at 18:56, Lavers said:

I'll just hang fire then, just thinking because I'm possibly nearly at the point of the CO asking for them I'd save them the job. Suppose it doesn't make a difference though.

We did ours straight away, but only because we were so focused on getting the visa ASAP and I was of the opinion that if we had our visa completely decision ready, it would get approved ASAP when opened, which thankfully was the case.

If you're not in a massive rush, I would hold off - would be a pain to have to do them twice! Also good to remember that the results come through quickly, so shouldn't hopefully hold up much to wait until requested.

50 minutes ago, RoEire said:

We did ours straight away, but only because we were so focused on getting the visa ASAP and I was of the opinion that if we had our visa completely decision ready, it would get approved ASAP when opened, which thankfully was the case.

If you're not in a massive rush, I would hold off - would be a pain to have to do them twice! Also good to remember that the results come through quickly, so shouldn't hopefully hold up much to wait until requested.

Cheers...I'll just wait, I'm expecting to be asked for them next month anyway.

I was more concerned that if I submitted them now before being requested, that it would put me back down the queue.

6 hours ago, Lavers said:

Cheers...I'll just wait, I'm expecting to be asked for them next month anyway.

I was more concerned that if I submitted them now before being requested, that it would put me back down the queue.

Your position in the queue won't change - it'll just mean that when they come to your application they don't have to request them.