Applying with Children

laura1o

Hello,

I'm looking to move out to Australia next year to live. I have 2 children I would need to get consent of my ex, however he rarely has them (no more than 5 over nights this year, non last year) and wont to pay child support. But I just trying to prepare myself for him to say no. So want to know all the facts before I officially ask him. 

My question is if anyone would know do I still apply and pay all that money for a visa or go through the court to get consent then apply hopefully with the court saying yes, as moving to Australia will be improving my girls lives and my own. 

Thank you

If your ex is willing to agree to let the children go, then you don't need to go to court - he just needs to fill out a form for you.  You need to submit that with your application.   If he's not willing to agree, then you will need to go to court and that can take a very long time.

You may already know this, but migrating to Australia is not possible for everyone.  You must have an occupation that's on the skilled list, AND you must have all the qualifications and experience specified. Then you also need to be able to score enough points on the point system (65 is the minimum, but in reality, you need a lot more points to even be considered - it's a competition and they only pick the people with the highest points). 

There are a few good agents on these forums who will give you an initial consultation free of charge. They will tell you if you're eligible to apply for a visa, and what your chances are of success, before you start spending money on the whole process.

• Like 1