Visa SC600 refusal

francy

Hi,

My in-laws have just had an extension to the 12 mth visa rejected due to lack of supporting evidence.

They have been staying with my sister-in-law as she has separated from her husband and has 3 children (5-10 yr old) she is a full time nurse so needs assistance with the child care side of things.

She sent a letter with the application explaining the full circumstances. ie. that she will have to go part time or find alternate employment

Think they have resigned themselves that they'll go back to the uk for a few months then re-apply.

None of us have the $33,000 for a parent visa, so just wondered what visa would they be best applying for?

Sister-in-law is a citizen and we have just applied for ours, last week.

Thanks in advance.

10 hours ago, francy said:

Hi,

My in-laws have just had an extension to the 12 mth visa rejected due to lack of supporting evidence.

They have been staying with my sister-in-law as she has separated from her husband and has 3 children (5-10 yr old) she is a full time nurse so needs assistance with the child care side of things.

She sent a letter with the application explaining the full circumstances. ie. that she will have to go part time or find alternate employment

Think they have resigned themselves that they'll go back to the uk for a few months then re-apply.

None of us have the $33,000 for a parent visa, so just wondered what visa would they be best applying for?

Thanks in advance.

Lodging a visitor visa extension application, with the main reason for the stay being childcare, is likely to result in a refusal.

They may want to look at a Subclass 870 Sponsored Parent Temporary visa.

12 hours ago, francy said:

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

As Raul said, their only option is the 870 visa.

Not much point in applying for a permanent parent visa anyway, since the waiting time is now several years.