188b Investor stream

Arthur601

Hi there

I am new to this forum, and love to see some of you guys having 188b sumitted in recent time. Well, I also summited EOI to Queensland Australia these few days in Hong Kong and of course, just a little steps forward. Actually, i am going to summit by myself after i receive invitation from Immi Queensland. By the way, I really need you guys help out to sort out  the following statment which keeps bugging me and I have asked a lot of people in Hong Kong and have a lot of different answers .Thanks in advance.

Make an investment of AUD1.5 million in your nominating State or Territory

After you lodge your application, you must make a designated investment of at least AUD1.5 million in the State or Territory in which the nominating State or Territory government agency is located. This investment must be in your name or in your name and your partner’s name. The investment must be made from unencumbered funds generated from qualifying businesses or eligible investments. To be eligible for the Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888) Investor stream, you must hold the designated investment for at least 4 years from the date the investment certificate is issued by your nominating State or Territory.

The sentence underlined "The investment must be made from unencumbered funds generated from qualifying businesses or eligible investments." ...... I am stuck..

I understand that i need to buy AUD 1.5M govenment bonds in 4 years. But, here comes with the questions.  I was told that this AUD 1.5M must be gained profits or accumulated  from investments such as investment funds, shares  bullions or even real estate  ....and i must proof documents to immi when  they ask me the source of funds by returning supporting doccuments otherwise my application will be rejected if i cannot to do so,  Is that true? I also need some advice here so that i won't miss any criteria from above. and Can anyone share some experiences by dealing with this application. I really do appreciate for that. Thanks again!

Your understanding is correct. You need to provide proof of where the 1.5m Aust Dollar has come from and how it was generated from legal business or investments.

Dont forget if your application is successful you will need to transfer a total of 2.25 million A$ which includes the 1.5 million A$ within 2 years of the initial visa approval.

We did our application ourselves. It is a complicated visa. It was difficult and time consuming. If you can using a reputable migration would be a safer bet.

Thanks for your reply, and I just looked it up on the web that it's been reopened  , I am going to give it a try anyway..Since migation is not a easy mission for me and I do understand I have to a lot of time on handling docuements after we receive the inviation from QLD HA. You know there are a lot of so called " migation consultants " giving out a lot of different informations on  how to meet the requirments in the catageory 888 subclass 188...and they quote for more that AUS 100,000 on that . I think i will place the bet on my own.. :))

Really appreciate for your advice..Thanks again.

1 hour ago, Arthur601 said:

Thanks for your reply, and I just looked it up on the web that it's been reopened  , I am going to give it a try anyway..Since migation is not a easy mission for me and I do understand I have to a lot of time on handling docuements after we receive the inviation from QLD HA. You know there are a lot of so called " migation consultants " giving out a lot of different informations on  how to meet the requirments in the catageory 888 subclass 188...and they quote for more that AUS 100,000 on that . I think i will place the bet on my own.. :))

There are many scam agents overseas. But there are many good agents too, including those who are helpful in these forums. They are not nearly so expensive either

A registered migration agent will charge nothing like this amount to assist with an investment visa. 

5 hours ago, Arthur601 said:

25 minutes ago, paulhand said:

A registered migration agent will charge nothing like this amount to assist with an investment visa. 

It's so true..That's gotta be so crazy and there are people said some agents will charge nearly AUD120,000.. here in Hong Kong..

47 minutes ago, Arthur601 said:

It's so true..That's gotta be so crazy and there are people said some agents will charge nearly AUD120,000.. here in Hong Kong..

Paul is one of those reputable agents that I talked about.  Ask him to give you a quote, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.  

I'm willing to bet those people charging big money are either scammers, or offering to falsify your financial records for you.  Neither is a good idea.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Paul is one of those reputable agents that I talked about.  Ask him to give you a quote, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.  

I'm willing to bet those people charging big money are either scammers, or offering to falsify your financial records for you.  Neither is a good idea.

Thank you,  and i will take this advice into my considerations..

• 4 months later...

Did you manage to lodge your application Arthur?
Queensland re-opened it’s business program but has since closed again. It is certainly the fastest growing state for business visas in terms of year of YOY growth. I also hope you used an Australian Registered Agent as their fees would be a fraction of the cost mentioned and have to abide by a very strict code of conduct. Well worth the expense.

Good luck

Did you manage to lodge your application Arthur?
Queensland re-opened it’s business program but has since closed again. It is certainly the fastest growing state for business visas in terms of year of YOY growth. I also hope you used an Australian Registered Agent as their fees would be a fraction of the cost mentioned and have to abide by a very strict code of conduct. Well worth the expense.
Good luck

Yes, We did lodged application by ourselves five months ago and it was actually quite complicated. Thanks for giving me advice, hopefully the first question we hear from them would be “ how are u going to transfer the funds?”.. Thanks again! [emoji5]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...