CISSP

aviah

Hi,

Does anybody know what  can I get if I have 8 years of experience in cyber security and CISSP ID?

Is it any particular special path for CISSP to get VISA skilled , because there is high demand for cyber security in the world .

Thank you  in advance

Avi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 18/08/2019 at 23:24, aviah said:

Hi,

Does anybody know what  can I get if I have 8 years of experience in cyber security and CISSP ID?

Is it any particular special path for CISSP to get VISA skilled , because there is high demand for cyber security in the world .

Thank you  in advance

Avi

if you got work experience AFTER you certified CISSP you can possibly claim points for work experience and ACS recognized CISSP as equivalent to Diploma , so you may claim 10 points.

5 hours ago, Lasanga Herath said:

if you got work experience AFTER you certified CISSP you can possibly claim points for work experience and ACS recognized CISSP as equivalent to Diploma , so you may claim 10 points.

" so you may claim 10 points."

This should more correctly read:

so you could possibly be able to claim 10 points. the "may claim" part makes it sound like a done deal when it obviously isn't

• 8 months later...
On 08/10/2019 at 14:19, Michael P said:

I got my CISSP recognised by ACS as Advanced Diploma equivalent when I did my skills assessment.

Hi Mike, where you specifically submitted the CISSP certification as Education or just Vendor certification?

Was your experience gained after the CISSP certification?

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/08/2020 at 03:47, Rob C said:

Hi Mike, where you specifically submitted the CISSP certification as Education or just Vendor certification?

It was recognized as Education at the level of Advanced Diploma or equivalent. My experience was both before and after CISSP (3 year before and 13 years after).

On 11/08/2020 at 18:47, Rob C said:

3 hours ago, Michael P said:

It was recognized as Education at the level of Advanced Diploma or equivalent. My experience was both before and after CISSP (3 year before and 13 years after).

ACS say about non- Microsoft/CSICO certifications: “If you hold other vendor certifications they may be assessed on a case by case basis.”

I know several colleagues who also had the CISSP recognized as Advanced Diploma. So unless they changed policy in the past couple of years, I'd say it's still a safe bet. Afterall, it is MUCH harder to achieve a CISSP than any Cisco or Microsoft Professional Level certifications.

I also hold CCNP Routing & Switching and didn't even submit it as I knew the CISSP was sufficient...

Edited by Michael P

• 3 months later...
Guest AltyMatt

I was fortunate to come here on a work sponsored visa . Before then I had checked the ACS requirements and their priorities seemed pretty out of line with what employees were looking for (which is what a skilled migration pathway should be saitsfying),  e.g. degree over CISSP or other respected certs.

On 18/08/2019 at 14:24, aviah said:

Hi,

Thank you  in advance

Avi

Do you have a degree in Computing/Maths or Cyber Security?

If not you probably will struggle as Cyber careers come under the IT pathway in terms of immigration, and these all require a degree in relevant topic and a substantial number of years experience.

CISSP ID qualifications are really easy to get your hands on, you can basically pay to get them, so they aren't in themselves a qualification that will get you a VISA

(Disclaimer: I'm a consultant and I work (and recruit others) almost exclusively in Cyber and Information Security)

Edited by Ausvisitor
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 05/01/2021 at 22:20, Ausvisitor said:

Do you have a degree in Computing/Maths or Cyber Security?

If not you probably will struggle as Cyber careers come under the IT pathway in terms of immigration, and these all require a degree in relevant topic and a substantial number of years experience.

CISSP ID qualifications are really easy to get your hands on, you can basically pay to get them, so they aren't in themselves a qualification that will get you a VISA

(Disclaimer: I'm a consultant and I work (and recruit others) almost exclusively in Cyber and Information Security)

Not quite right. I am now an australian citizen. Got points for qualification using one of my  uk degrees. I now have cissp which I did not have at that stage. Cissp could be harder than a degree.

If I am to choose between a cissp and a technology graduate for a cyber security role, I will pick on the CISSP.

In uk CISSP is considered as a qualification equivalent to a master's. But based on acs policies you get point for a diploma.

On 14/04/2021 at 14:03, Dan29 said:

If I am to choose between a cissp and a technology graduate for a cyber security role, I will pick on the CISSP.

Interesting, and I suppose each to their own, yet as I said in my post I manage (both day to day and for recruitment) one of the largest cyber management consultancies in Europe for one of the biggest consultancies on the planet.

I'd take a first or 2:1 from a good university (Oxbridge, LSE, Warwick, Bath) any day of the week, I'd never recruit anyone with CISSP alone.

As I think I said before it's well known that you can basically purchase those qualifications and an easy assessment, similarly it's nigh on impossible to actually be failed CISSP, you have to really want to fail to not pass...

• 1 year later...