South Australia 489 state nomination

Hello everyone,

We have applied for South Australia state nomination (489) on 20th July 2019. We were wondering if anyone who has applied in June/July 2019 heard back from them.

The main concern is the 10th Sept deadline for receiving invite for 489. We are not sure if we are going to make it since the average processing time on the website is 8 weeks and we just cross the 7 weeks mark till then.

Anxiety levels are peaking!!! Fingers crossed!!

Thanks,

Palavi & Yusuf

On 05/08/2019 at 13:22, JRC said:

We submitted our EOI in May and got the invite to apply by the end of June. It was on a Saturday which surprised me because I expected it to be a Monday-Friday kinda job! 

Oh wow have you recieved your visa yet....how long does it take

Edited by SIMBANEGAVI T

2 hours ago, SIMBANEGAVI T said:

Oh wow have you recieved your visa yet....how long does it take

I’m expecting it to take months and months yet! So I’m trying to almost put it to the back of my mind and enjoy what I hope will be the last working school year in the UK. 

I sent in my application on 20th June and received my nomination today. There was a slight delay because the office closes for a week before July and there was some mistake with the form declaring my estimated savings at the time of moving, so they came back querying that, so the average time might be slightly quicker than my 8 weeks.

• Congratulations 1

Thank you!

I will have my fingers crossed for your invite. I have read on https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/skilled-migrants/skilled-visa-options that South Australia stopped accepting 489 state nomination applications on 14th August, so I'm sure that they will be trying to process all of the applications already received before the cut off. Seems unfair that people already in the system would need to wait 2 months and possibly pay again to apply for the new visa?

Thank you so much!! 🙂 Ya, we too feel it will be really unfair in case they do not process all applications which reached them in time. However, in case of any queries/ missing documents we hope they contact and not drop the application - they have mentioned that they will get in contact after 10th Sept in case of no invite from their side (may be with the reasons for no invite).

Did you lodge your Visa application already?

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/08/2019 at 05:21, Yusuf & Palavi said:

Thank you so much!! 🙂 Ya, we too feel it will be really unfair in case they do not process all applications which reached them in time. However, in case of any queries/ missing documents we hope they contact and not drop the application - they have mentioned that they will get in contact after 10th Sept in case of no invite from their side (may be with the reasons for no invite).

Did you lodge your Visa application already?

Congratulations on your invite! Glad it came through in such good time for you.

Yes, I applied for my visa last week. I completed my application for the police check and am just waiting for my agent to send over my referral letter for me to book in my medical, then back to just waiting again!

Have you put in your application?

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/09/2019 at 12:46, Yusuf & Palavi said:

Thank you! 🙂 

Yes, we applied a couple of weeks back and done with the medicals 2 days back. Now .. the long wait begins!!

Did you fill the form 1221 too?

Yes, I submitted that. I've been working with an agent so luckily she completed that for me with information I filled in when I first started working with her. Police checks complete, I'm just waiting for my agent to get back to me with the HAP ID referral for the medicals. Then, as you said, settling in for a long wait! I feel so impatient!