EOI - Can I go for more than 1 visa ?

gregg

Hi as a family we are currently looking to do our EOI to move to Oz from Scotland . We have enought points for 3 visas - the 189 ( preferred choice at 75 points ) 190 and 489 ( both of these we have 80-90points ) . At the stage of submitting the EOI can you submit for all 3 ? 

We just want to get there so want to be able to use as many options as possible . Any thoughts ?

Thanks in advance 

No limit to how many you apply for, which state are you looking at settling in and do you know if your ANZSCO code is on the 190 /489 lists for those locations?

If you know the place you want to live (and are fixed on it) and the occupation is on the "sponsor list" for that state/territory then the 190 is almost certainly the quicker way to get to an invite. You will be locked to that location for 2 years but if that is where you want to be anyway that shouldn't be an issue.

Given the things that a 489 denies you (immediate PR, access to certain benefits, not guaranteed free schooling for kids) and the fact the rules on progressing a 489 to a PR could always be changed I'd not be looking at that option given your points total for a 190 unless you really needed to get there quick and/or you are on one of the pro-rata occupations like software dev or accountant

Also some states won't even look at sponsoring you if you choose more than one state for sponsor application - so whilst you can apply for both a 189 and a 190 i would make sure your 190 application is targeted to a single state rather than a couple or open application

• Like 1

Hi folks,

I already lodged my 489 SA visa (80 points) in Jan this year. Have been waiting for the grant since.

I now have the 190 option open under NSW and feel bitter sweet about it. With state sponsorship I have 75 points and scored a 90 in PTE. So I fancy my some chance of an invite.

Also my occupation code 135112 (ICT Project Manager) is listed as "Medium availability" with no additional criteria. 

Can I have both applications running in parallel irrespective of whether I get a 489 grant or not? 

Edited by Bazooka Boy

5 hours ago, Bazooka Boy said:

Hi folks,

I already lodged my 489 SA visa (80 points) in Jan this year. Have been waiting for the grant since.

I now have the 190 option open under NSW and feel bitter sweet about it. With state sponsorship I have 75 points and scored a 90 in PTE. So I fancy my some chance of an invite.

Also my occupation code 135112 (ICT Project Manager) is listed as "Medium availability" with no additional criteria. 

Can I have both applications running in parallel irrespective of whether I get a 489 grant or not? 

Yes, but remember one visa cancels another. So, if you were invited for a 190 and applied and were granted but failed to withdraw the 489 in time and it is then granted, the 489 will cancel the 190.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Yes, but remember one visa cancels another. So, if you were invited for a 190 and applied and were granted but failed to withdraw the 489 in time and it is then granted, the 489 will cancel the 190.

Rite...

But what if the 489 comes first and the 190 comes 7-8 months later? Would the 190 cancel 489? 

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Had a question regarding the validity of my medical which is dated March 26 2019. 

(I got my SA 489 visa on Aug 23, finished first landing on Oct 28)

Now I’m planning to file for NSW 190 - still awaiting pre-invite.

If I do get invited to apply by end of the year, would I have to re-do the medical or could I submit the same one?? 

Thanks!

• Like 1