CPV 143 visa

Greece

We have applied for Contributory Parent Visa 143 in Feb-2016. It has been very long waiting time since then considering initial waiting time was 18 to 20 months. They are processing currently processing CPV for Aug-15.  Can anyone tell us when can we expect CO call to submit additional documents (PCC & Form-80) & Medical test??

We applied in April 2017 and at that time we were looking at 24-36 months.  As the processing queue has only moved one month in the last five months (from July to August 2015)  I am despairing as I now think it may be some years.  I would have been less keen to pay the application fee if I had know we would wait so long as by the time we get it my husband may be too old to want to move.  There doesn't seem to be any solution other than hang on and be patient (which I am not)!

On 10/06/2019 at 03:02, Greece said:

We have applied for Contributory Parent Visa 143 in Feb-2016. It has been very long waiting time since then considering initial waiting time was 18 to 20 months. They are processing currently processing CPV for Aug-15.  Can anyone tell us when can we expect CO call to submit additional documents (PCC & Form-80) & Medical test??

We are on a similar timeline to you (March 2016) and share your frustration.

I was hopeful of getting the call for medicals etc. in August or September this year. But processing appears to have significantly slowed down (again). So my best guess now is that we hear something at the beginning of 2020. And probably now looking at 56 to 60 months in total.

Clearly there is an engineered delay for political reasons, which is affecting all visa streams. Also there are now considerable problems developing within the Australian economy and I suspect this may cause even more disruption for parent visas.

Someone posted on here last year, describing the visa process as survival of the fittest. This is very true and we just have to keep mentally strong and not let any delays or problems diminish our resolve.

Thanks Susie. We have to keep waiting. I'm worried a bit bcoz I have to take 5 different countries PCC. If I take it now, it may expire if my application is not processed within a year. I have already taken one time all PCC more than 1 year ago. So, I don't know when to apply all 4 PCC again (which may take 2 to 3 months) considering uncertain progress. Case Officer (CO) will definitely ask for PCC when our turn comes? Will he accept more than 1 year old PCC considering I have never visited these countries again after taking PCC. Not sure!!!!

On 15/06/2019 at 10:05, Greece said:

Thanks Susie. We have to keep waiting. I'm worried a bit bcoz I have to take 5 different countries PCC. If I take it now, it may expire if my application is not processed within a year. I have already taken one time all PCC more than 1 year ago. So, I don't know when to apply all 4 PCC again (which may take 2 to 3 months) considering uncertain progress. Case Officer (CO) will definitely ask for PCC when our turn comes? Will he accept more than 1 year old PCC considering I have never visited these countries again after taking PCC. Not sure!!!!

I think as long as you do not re enter those countries then the PCC will still be valid.  Logically you can’t have a record since if you haven’t been there.  This is what I was told anyway.  Different for your current country of residence, that will need to be re done.

I would wait until asked though.  

On 11/06/2019 at 00:33, amib said:

We applied in Nov 2017 and not expecting it till 2024-2025. 

The queue dates were a lie, and dont believe "48 months" or whatever it shows on the processing times..thats a lie too

I also don't think that 50K applications are pending. I don't see many people in visa Tracker or Forum anywhere. But, we have no other option but to wait till our turn comes. They are testing our patience. Wait.....Wait......Wait..........

51 minutes ago, Greece said:

I also don't think that 50K applications are pending. I don't see many people in visa Tracker or Forum anywhere. But, we have no other option but to wait till our turn comes. They are testing our patience. Wait.....Wait......Wait..

Not everybody is on the trackers (I’m not!)  or on forum. 

But the figures are taken from the home affairs report so are true! 

There are different years available (just google) this one is for 2015-2016 see page 17 but for later applicants the queue virtually doubled  

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/research-and-stats/files/2015-16-migration-programme-report.pdf

And again page 17

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/research-and-stats/files/report-migration-program-2017-18.pdf

Edited by LindaH27
amended page numbers in report
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Not everybody is on the trackers (I’m not!)  or on forum. 

But the figures are taken from the home affairs report so are true! 

There are different years available (just google) this one is for 2015-2016 see page 17 but for later applicants the queue virtually doubled  

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/research-and-stats/files/2015-16-migration-programme-report.pdf

And again page 17

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/research-and-stats/files/report-migration-program-2017-18.pdf

Thanks Linda for report links.