Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Robz88

APS Skill Assessment not positive

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone, just trying to find people that been through a similar situation or has any advice.

I've received the response from APS for a psychology skill assessment and it was recognised only 5 years (6 years is the requirement for a positive skill assessment).

They considered only 1 year of my Master, even though it was a full-time 2-year program in Europe (like 90% of the Masters in Europe). According to APS, they only recognised 1 year because my Master required 500h of practice, and APS says the Master must require 1000h of practice in order for them to recognise the full 2 years.

I find this very unreasonable, especially because I have 2 years of experience post degree.

Please, does anyone have any advice or experience to share?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Robz88 said:

Hey everyone, just trying to find people that been through a similar situation or has any advice.

I've received the response from APS for a psychology skill assessment and it was recognised only 5 years (6 years is the requirement for a positive skill assessment).

They considered only 1 year of my Master, even though it was a full-time 2-year program in Europe (like 90% of the Masters in Europe). According to APS, they only recognised 1 year because my Master required 500h of practice, and APS says the Master must require 1000h of practice in order for them to recognise the full 2 years.

I find this very unreasonable, especially because I have 2 years of experience post degree.

Please, does anyone have any advice or experience to share?

 

I have rarely seen a 2 year masters, I would have thought from my experience (in universities) that 90% or european masters are 12 month courses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Robz88 said:

Hey everyone, just trying to find people that been through a similar situation or has any advice.

I've received the response from APS for a psychology skill assessment and it was recognised only 5 years (6 years is the requirement for a positive skill assessment).

They considered only 1 year of my Master, even though it was a full-time 2-year program in Europe (like 90% of the Masters in Europe). According to APS, they only recognised 1 year because my Master required 500h of practice, and APS says the Master must require 1000h of practice in order for them to recognise the full 2 years.

I find this very unreasonable, especially because I have 2 years of experience post degree.

Please, does anyone have any advice or experience to share?

 

I think you have had your answer 

obviously it’s not what you were expecting, you could try contacting one of the agents who post on this site they might be able to suggest a possible strategy going forward 

unfortunately just because you think something is unreasonable doesn’t make it so 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/05/2019 at 20:28, Ausvisitor said:

I have rarely seen a 2 year masters, I would have thought from my experience (in universities) that 90% or european masters are 12 month courses

Thanks mate, yea I guess depends on the country. Uk for example seems to be 1 year, but others not. Anyways, mine was 2 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/05/2019 at 22:06, shaunfreo said:

I think you have had your answer 

obviously it’s not what you were expecting, you could try contacting one of the agents who post on this site they might be able to suggest a possible strategy going forward 

unfortunately just because you think something is unreasonable doesn’t make it so 

Did I? 

 

What was your experience with that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Robz88 said:

Did I? 

 

What was your experience with that?

Well you said in your first post that they would would only consider 1 year of your masters, you wanted a different decision you didn’t get it , back to the drawing board I guess 

you are trying to come to Australia we have certain requirements that you didn’t meet that’s my experience of it 

Edited by shaunfreo
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×