Parent visa 143 - need your help and advices

Oliviaa

Hi all

I have been in Australia since 2015 on 457 and April 2019 I had my PR granted. I am a single mum and have 2 kids under 18. My income is 55k plus super since 2015. I want to apply for my mum on sub 143. I have read on different sources but still confused. Please help me with the questions below:

1. Am I qualified to sponsor my mum now since my PR is just granted in Apr 2019?

2. To my research, my income is enough for AoS. Pls advise if it is correct.

3. My mum is holding visitor sub 600 with no 8503 condition. This means I can apply onshore for her while she is here on visa 600?

4. What is the best visa to apply? 143 or 173 and why?

My mum is 76 years old now.

Thank you very much for your help.

I am sure you have to apply for 143 offshore. I don’t think I’d worry too much at this stage if you earn enough to sponsor her as it will be about 8 years before she will get the visa and so much can change in that time. Not sure re which one to go for but several people on here say they regret the 173 as it takes longer. 

14 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

I am sure you have to apply for 143 offshore. I don’t think I’d worry too much at this stage if you earn enough to sponsor her as it will be about 8 years before she will get the visa and so much can change in that time. Not sure re which one to go for but several people on here say they regret the 173 as it takes longer. 

Thank you. Processing time based on web is not 8 years, is that a typo?

21 hours ago, Oliviaa said:

Hi all

I have been in Australia since 2015 on 457 and April 2019 I had my PR granted. I am a single mum and have 2 kids under 18. My income is 55k plus super since 2015. I want to apply for my mum on sub 143. I have read on different sources but still confused. Please help me with the questions below:

1. Am I qualified to sponsor my mum now since my PR is just granted in Apr 2019?

2. To my research, my income is enough for AoS. Pls advise if it is correct.

3. My mum is holding visitor sub 600 with no 8503 condition. This means I can apply onshore for her while she is here on visa 600?

4. What is the best visa to apply? 143 or 173 and why?

My mum is 76 years old now.

Thank you very much for your help.

Onshore parent visas are 804 and 864. Visas are taking many years to process at the moment. No one knows for sure if they will take 8 years from now. If you can apply on shore, then you will see the wait out near your family, but you will be on bridging visa A, which has  various restrictions.  

You need to check if you have had to have  lived in Australia and held PR for over a certain time? Sorry I can’t remember.

Edited by ramot

1 minute ago, ramot said:

Onshore parent visas are 804 and 864. Visas are taking many years to process at the moment. No one knows for sure if they will take 8 years from now. If you can apply on shore, then you will see the wait out near your family, but you will be on bridging visa A, which has  various restrictions.  

Thank you 

3 hours ago, Oliviaa said:

Thank you. Processing time based on web is not 8 years, is that a typo?

Not a typo. Parents getting their visas now have waited about four years but the queue has rapidly increased since they applied. There are currently almost 50k people in the queue and about 6k visas are given out every year.  If it’s less than 8 years it won’t be much less that’s for sure. That’s based on the 143 you mentioned. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi just to say we applied for CPV143 whilst on shore we were on a 600 visa at time, it took us 3 years for it to be granted so therefore had to go back to UK. 

We were onshore on another 600 when we got the shout for medical school etc. got all that done here in Australia then had to leave to have 143 granted so a quick trip to Bali. Good luck with your future plans.