10 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Don’t forget that once you reach the stage for visa processing you will both have to have Medicals. As we age we get more problems too! 

Should one of you fail the medical then both fail unfortunately. It could be because you’re too ill or it could be that the cost of treating you over the years would be too expensive  

Just something else to think about as if you do fail you would have to leave  and may not have anything in UK to return to - house etc? Also you would have to wait again I believe to be eligible for NHS. 

Don't overlook the subclass 602 Medical Treatment visa in the situation you are describing.

Best regards.

I was under the impression this wasn’t a permanent visa but happy to be corrected ! 

Given that the present Australian government is cutting back on immigration due to costs for taxpayers, do you see the medical visa still being valid or are the govt likely to stop it due to excessive costs? 

7 hours ago, Nanna said:

That is a big worry.  No one has a crystal ball and we could sell our house to be there and be sent back.  What a dilemma !!

I’ve posted before that aged in our 70’s we had our medicals recently as did a friend in his 80’s in Brisbane, between us we have a fair few age health issues, atrial fibrillation, osteoporosis, new hip to mention a few. We all had the sense to see our GP, get an up to date blood test, plus letter with our health record. Mine was pretty full!!!

The check up was thorough but not onerous. X-ray,  blood test for HIV, blood pressure, height weight. Then saw Dr. health history checked, overall body check, had to sit and hold my hands out, my husband has essential tremor, so checked a bit more, and that was that.

I realise that luckily we none of us have anything life threatening, but a good mix of related old age ailments. The Dr wasn’t out to catch us out, to lose our visa, just fair and thorough.

Allan  Collett mentions the medical visa if you are onshore in his post, that gives reassurance if needed.

I think the main concern now may be changes to the immigration policy affecting future applications, so think about how long you leave it to apply.

We have lived on the Sunshine Coast on a different visa for 16 years, the exchange rate has fluctuated, costs have increased obviously in that time, but have probably increased in UK as well? 

All anyone can do is make their own decision about whether to emigrate or not, by all means do some research, but perhaps not agonise too much.

On 08/05/2019 at 00:54, Alan Collett said:

You are very welcome to contact me to discuss - we do lots of parent visa applications (as I'm sure do the other agents who assist on this forum).

I'm in the UK until the end of this week - feel able to send a private message to me if you are interested in a freebie chat.

Best regards.

Hello Alan,

Is it possible to call you now to discuss some queries regarding 864 Visa and 870 Visa. I tried the 03 9935 2929 number now and it went to VM. Are you in Australia or UK currently.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, border864 said:

Hello Alan,

Is it possible to call you now to discuss some queries regarding 864 Visa and 870 Visa. I tried the 03 9935 2929 number now and it went to VM. Are you in Australia or UK currently.

Thank you.

It is Sunday, and our office is closed.

You are very welcome to call our office number for an initial chat during the week - or send a message to me with your details and some background.

Thanks!

Best regards.

3 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

I was under the impression this wasn’t a permanent visa but happy to be corrected ! 

Given that the present Australian government is cutting back on immigration due to costs for taxpayers, do you see the medical visa still being valid or are the govt likely to stop it due to excessive costs? 

The 602 visa isn't a permanent visa, but it allows an aged parent visa applicant to remain in Australia if an 804 or 864 visa is refused on medical grounds.

I don't see this visa being on the next Government's radar.

Best regards.

Thank you Alan, I will try to call you 8 am Sydney time tomorrow morning? Just a quick one meanwhile if its not too much bother just wanted to know for Aged Contributory Parent Visa 864 it say main applicant must be aged over 65. Does this mean if my father is aged over 65 and mother aged around 60 My father can be the main applicant and my mother will be part of the family unit (Partner) and both will be able to apply for 864 Visa in the same application or we have to wait for my mother o turn 65 as well.

Is there a requirement for the partner/wife of applicant to be over 65 as well I mean?

2 minutes ago, border864 said:

Thank you Alan, I will try to call you 8 am Sydney time tomorrow morning? Just a quick one meanwhile if its not too much bother just wanted to know for Aged Contributory Parent Visa 864 it say main applicant must be aged over 65. Does this mean if my father is aged over 65 and mother aged around 60 My father can be the main applicant and my mother will be part of the family unit (Partner) and both will be able to apply for 864 Visa in the same application or we have to wait for my mother o turn 65 as well.

Is there a requirement for the partner/wife of applicant to be over 65 as well I mean?

Please call me after 9am tomorrow - I will be on the train into the office at 8am.

The main visa applicant must be aged (as defined) when the visa application is lodged.   At present this is 65.5 years old - the age threshold is increasing in line with the age pension entitlement.

My email address is below.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys,

I have applied for the 894 parents visa and it has reached the perth centre today. How many days it takes them to grant the bridging visa as my parents visa will expire by 10 June 2020.

Does the bridging visa comes after they acknowledged the application ?

Please help guys, any expertise or recommendations are welcomed