Working Holiday to Another Visa / EOI?

KittyGibbo

Hi all

Apologises if I have missed this but I wonder...

There isn't any time limit on when to apply for another Aus visa or how many you are allowed - I have had 1 x year WHV and 1 x visitor visa.  I am looking at going back for New Year this year so that would mean another Visitor visa = 2. But if I want to lodge my EOI for a 489 before December time, will I not be able to travel to Oz on a visitor visa? I know that the EOI is not actually a visa.  But say I lodge it in August and get an invitation (god willing!) in September/October, if I enter Oz on a 489 (hypothetically this might not happen!) visa in December for a holiday and then go back to the UK in January does that start the ball rolling for those 4 years? All hypothetically I know and it probably will not happen!! But wanted to ask 🙂

Thanks guys!

Kitty x

3 hours ago, KittyGibbo said:

Hi all

Apologises if I have missed this but I wonder...

There isn't any time limit on when to apply for another Aus visa or how many you are allowed - I have had 1 x year WHV and 1 x visitor visa.  I am looking at going back for New Year this year so that would mean another Visitor visa = 2. But if I want to lodge my EOI for a 489 before December time, will I not be able to travel to Oz on a visitor visa? I know that the EOI is not actually a visa.  But say I lodge it in August and get an invitation (god willing!) in September/October, if I enter Oz on a 489 (hypothetically this might not happen!) visa in December for a holiday and then go back to the UK in January does that start the ball rolling for those 4 years? All hypothetically I know and it probably will not happen!! But wanted to ask 🙂

Thanks guys!

Kitty x

The 489 visa will be valid for 4 years from the date of grant. If you come for a short holiday using your 489, you are eating away at the validity of the visa and reducing the amount of time you have to meet residency and employment requirements to qualify to apply for PR.