Starting out

Samgwell

Hello,

I'm looking for advice as to which visa to pursue for my partner. I am an Australian citizen, he is a UK citizen (also holds an Irish passport). He is a paramedic, which qualifies as a 189 occupation, however given the surplus of paramedics in Australia, I find it unlikely he will receive 189 state sponsorship or employer sponsorship. To this end, we were looking at a PMV visa (as this is where our relationship is currently at) or a WHV, looking to move onto a permanent visa. We would qualify to apply for a spouse visa in July this year from the UK (i.e. living together, together for 12 months, etc.) but were hoping to move this year. Any suggestions as to the best route? Pursue 189, PMV or spouse, or anything else?

Best.

From what you have posted, a prospective marriage visa would be the way forward. However, I think  you would need to be in Australia at time of application. 

If he is under 31 and qualifies for a whv then you both going to Australia and living together may be another option. Then applying for a partner visa 

Just now, VERYSTORMY said:

From what you have posted, a prospective marriage visa would be the way forward. However, I think  you would need to be in Australia at time of application. 

If he is under 31 and qualifies for a whv then you both going to Australia and living together may be another option. Then applying for a partner visa 

Sorry, a PMV must be applied for offshore, not in Australia

Hasn't the age limit for Irish and Canadians gone upto 35 for a whv? Or did I misread this somewhere?
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, leighmarsh151084 said:
4 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Hasn't the age limit for Irish and Canadians gone upto 35 for a whv? Or did I misread this somewhere?

Yes it has...