Average nursery fees in Perth.

Jamieliverpool

Hi everyone,

things have advanced a little bit since I last posted and it looks like my misses is going to be offered a sponsorship for a company in Perth. She’s already got through the initial interview and has a final one coming up but it’s looking positive.

we have a 4 year old and a 9 month old who will both need full time nursery. We’ve looked up nursery’s in the Perth area but there seems to be no set price . We’ve been looking at houses in the butler area.

im just wondering if anyone could give me any information on average nursery fees for a good nursery ? Does Australia offer any free hours like in the uk?

Any help would be great.

thank you 

jamie

It would probably be easier to contact the nursery’s you like the look of to ask these questions. They would be able to tell you whether they always have spaces/waiting lists as well as costs. Not sure about free hours, again the nursery would know.  Why not just email a few in the area asking. Check if you would be entitled to them on the visa you will get too.

If your on a temp visa there are no subsidies so would cost roughly $100 -$120 if not more, per day per child. Depending on when your 4 year olds birthday is she may qualify for Kindy at the local school, usually 2 days one week, and 3 alternate weeks, this is only school hours though so you would need after school care as well which is about $40-45 for before and for after school.

Edited by AJ

i was in perth on a temp visa a few years ago, with 3 kids who only needed after school care and it worked out at over $700 per week, for full time care for 2 children on a temp visa i imagine you will be looking at $100-$120 per child per day, depending on what suburb you live in. i ended up getting a childminder who came to my home in the afternoons for $100 per day for all 3 kids. when there is o subsidy you pay a small fortune

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/03/2019 at 21:20, thebigmove2017 said:

i was in perth on a temp visa a few years ago, with 3 kids who only needed after school care and it worked out at over $700 per week, for full time care for 2 children on a temp visa i imagine you will be looking at $100-$120 per child per day, depending on what suburb you live in. i ended up getting a childminder who came to my home in the afternoons for $100 per day for all 3 kids. when there is o subsidy you pay a small fortune

I agree Child Care Subsidy really helps, if not day care is pretty expensive here it is surely between 110-120 now per day.

possibly need to check hours for the childcare centre, I guess 8am to 6pm is normal for the $110-$120 a day. You might need long daycare if you are going to live in Butler and work in Perth. That's gonna be an hour plus each way (or are you working more locally?)