2 1/2 months back

paulswin

Just wanted to let people know our story. After being in beautiful Perth for 7 years we moved back to the UK luckily with our 18 and 20 year old boys as hubby never really settled there!  Here in Wiltshire there seems to be a lot of jobs on offer which is great as I’m able to be a bit picky which job I wanted even though I’m really old 50 this year!!  Jobs at the moment are plentiful. Both my boys have found work and have slotted back into life here!  Weather has been great, lovely and warm in February! All our belongings arrived here with no problems (thanks Grace) Living with the in-laws until we are able to get a mortgage that’s probably the only downfall not having our own space but in-laws are fantastic!  Just wanted to say our experience of coming home is a good one even though we’re now poor lol!  Loved Perth but glad we came back as loving the UK. and hubby is settled once again!  

• Like 8
  • Congratulations 1

Just down the road from us. Your journey sounds similar to ours, 7 years there and back to Dorset with our daughter. Living with the in-laws, although have an offer accepted on a property. Got jobs within weeks and didn't really mind the winter, the sun has been nice recently though. 

However, 6 months in and I'm getting itchy feet... Hmmmm. 

On 27/02/2019 at 03:35, paulswin said:

Just wanted to let people know our story. After being in beautiful Perth for 7 years we moved back to the UK luckily with our 18 and 20 year old boys as hubby never really settled there!  Here in Wiltshire there seems to be a lot of jobs on offer which is great as I’m able to be a bit picky which job I wanted even though I’m really old 50 this year!!  Jobs at the moment are plentiful. Both my boys have found work and have slotted back into life here!  Weather has been great, lovely and warm in February! All our belongings arrived here with no problems (thanks Grace) Living with the in-laws until we are able to get a mortgage that’s probably the only downfall not having our own space but in-laws are fantastic!  Just wanted to say our experience of coming home is a good one even though we’re now poor lol!  Loved Perth but glad we came back as loving the UK. and hubby is settled once again!  

Glad it's working out for you and you've all settled xx