think ill just forget the whole thing

Guest billy braveheart

Guest billy braveheart

we have been struggling to get an employer to sponsor us, ive applied for roughly 50 jobs and had 4 or 5 replys all saying the same thing "they are too small a company" to sponsor me through the rsms visa option i feel like most people on here that everythings on hold till something comes up we cant start the application till we get a job so meanwhile we just sit and e mail and dream lol but the dreams slipping away maybe if i forget it i can get back to some kind of normality without it being on my mind 24/7 well thats my groan out the way maybe ill be happier tomorrow,Billy

hiya ,,cheer up i know it can be dis-heartening,a couple of ideas may be to ,,try job searching in a different area (if the visa allows) or maybe a flying visit ,we found you got a much better response in person ,my hubby is a mechanic when in the uk and applying for jobs we were lucky to get a reply but when we got here he travelled around a number of companys and 99% of them offered him employment ,hope things sort out ,i too felt like giving up at points ,please dont and believe me ,its worth the agro and sleepless nights,when everything falls into place,

take care

Cal x

we have been struggling to get an employer to sponsor us, ive applied for roughly 50 jobs and had 4 or 5 replys all saying the same thing "they are too small a company" to sponsor me through the rsms visa option i feel like most people on here that everythings on hold till something comes up we cant start the application till we get a job so meanwhile we just sit and e mail and dream lol but the dreams slipping away maybe if i forget it i can get back to some kind of normality without it being on my mind 24/7 well thats my groan out the way maybe ill be happier tomorrow,Billy

Try Darrell @ thinkingaustralia.com

Guest billy braveheart

Thanks guys for the reply's I think i was just havin a really bad day.I have since last posted been offered a job in wa near freemantle altho we were originally hoping to settle in Lismore NSW simply because we have friends who live there and we thought it would be easier for the rest of the family to settle if they had people they knew around them but as they say beggars cant be choosers lol at least its an offer at last coz without the job we wouldnt be able to go (RSMS visa) is the only option open since i was 45 two weeks ago ,Any way thank you all for the help and ill keep u posted on how it goes

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Billy

I'm so pleased that you've now got a job offer. Perth is a beautiful city - if you like cities, which I don't! I do like Fremantle though. My sister lives close to Freo and has done for about 26 years. I've been there a few times, though I can't say I know it at all well because I'm only ever there for about 3 weeks at a stretch and with my sister and brother in law doing most of the driving, I don't really get the geography clear in my head.

I think that part of Oz is terrific for children. Good schools and every sport you can think of. You will soon meet loads of people. And if you find that you really can't stand WA, you can always move east after 2 years.

So go for it. I'm sure you'll have a great life.

Cheers

Gill

Guest billy braveheart

Thanks guys,I just need to find out where to start it all now i have the employer part sorted!have been looking at fremantle on the web it looks a really nice place ,there also appears to be plenty of work for brickies so thatll do nicely and good news about the schools as we have one at 16 who is goin to be sitting his highers and the other is only 12 they are both looking forward to it and the wife says as long as its near the ocean she aint botherin where we go lol just anywhere to get away from this rain in scotland lol over 5 weeks non stop gets a bit depressing,I cant wait to get a bit of fishing done in good weather instead of bein wrapped up like nanook of the north lol anyway im waiting on migration agent calling us to find out the next move Thanks for everythin .Billy

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Billy

There is a HUGE housing boom in the Perth area at present, I gather. House-prices are soaring as a result. Any of the trades required to get a house built and habitable are in ENORMOUS demand.

They are building a fast rail link between Perth Metro and Mandurah - abut an hour south of Fremantle by car (but probably 2.5 hours in the rush hour.) As soon as this train gets going, it is going to be feasible to commute from further out, hence all the building going on in the stretch in between.

My sister lives in a place called Jandakot, which is roughly SSE of Fremantle, near a place called Bibra Lake, which is on all the maps of the area. (I think Bibra Lake might be where I saw black swans with pink beaks, which are stunningly beautiful and indigenous to Oz, I believe. Either that or it is where we went water-skiing!) Apparently Jandakot is where the old airport is. Nowadays Jandakot airport is only used by cargo flights and it is also the HQ os the Royal Flying Doctor Service in WA. When Elaine & Neil bought their 5 acre block of land in Jandakot about 20 years ago, there was nothing there or anywhere round it apart from the old airfield. They had a house in a place called Samson, closer to Freo, They waited till they could afford to build on their land in Jandakot, having paid off the mortgage on the land first.

Apparently they nearly bought another block of land in Bindoon recently (I've no idea where that is) because the house in Jandakot is nearly paid for now. Stunning views from this land in Bindoon, so my mother says. However, it is practically virgin scrub still by the sound of it, but will be up-coming 'ere long as peiople start to build on the blocks. Mum is encouraging them to buy the land in Bindoon, but apparently they wouldn't build on it yet because they have two sons aged 9 & 12, and there is as yet no infrastructure around Bindoon that would keep these two youngg men occuplied during their teens, since they are both sports-mad.

I think that South of Jandakot, on the way to Mandurah, there is an industrial complex and either a mine of some kind or some sort of major industry. Whatever the commercial pull is, it has led to housing in the near-vicinity ad so forth.

They have a weird system with land. First you buy the block. Then you go round a load of show-homes elsewhere. When you find a show-home that you like, you get the company who built the show-home to come and build this model on your block of land. Something roughly like that, anyway. It seems to be completely different from the UK.

Mandurah is great for fishing. You could easily get a little fishing boat and catch loads, I should think.

I'll see if I can find some good maps etc. If I can, I'll post the links.

Cheers

Gill

Archived