Good And Bad Areas To Move To In Queensland

Guest karen&Ian

Guest karen&Ian

Hi everyone I know this question has been asked before but cant find the link now so asking again.

We are due to move out around late Sept and we need initially to rent but would really like to know the nice areas and the ones that should be avoided. I will be an area sales manager for Queensland (yip I know its a massive area) I only need to visit the office once a week on the outskirts of Brisbane the rest of the time I will be on the road or in the air depending on where I am going, my husband is a tiler so will need to seek employment. We will need to position ourselves in an area that gives my husband a good chance of getting a job so can anyone HELP.

Getting a bit stress here in UK now cant wait to get away but cant sell house. This however is not stopping us from coming down under we will leave it behind paying a mortgage:arghh: hope it goes soon.

Thanks in anticipation of a reply

Karen &Ian:Randy-git:

Hello.

I can only really tell you about the Gold Coast as this is where we are hoping to go one day. It's south east queensland and approximately an hour drive into Brisbane. (Of course depending on traffic). It's relatively new so construction work is in demand. New houses, hospitals, office blocks, shops, etc are all going up fast and furious. So your husband should be able to find work. It has fab beaches, parks, countryside, etc. It's not cheap to live there but I don't think Australia is full stop!! It's also close to Brisbane airport but has Coolangatta airport too, so good for you when you need to fly off anywhere!

Loads of areas to choose from within the Gold Coast. There's bigger 'towns' such as Robina. More rural places further inland such as Tamborine Mountain, which are cheaper to buy in. Small quiet areas, big bustling areas like Surfers. Something to suit everyone really!

I hope this helps a bit. Maybe you know this already but I didn't want to not reply to you!

Good luck.

Kate

Hiya guys welcome to poms in oz ,,your job sounds great ,you will so mouch of this great state,your so lucky.

As for areas there are too many nice places in Queensland ,i wouldnt worry too much about bad areas as there are very few places to avoid.Do you have children? would you like a beach type lifestyle? or country style? the more you tell ,people will be able to offer their opinions.

As a tiler your hubby should find work pretty much anywere,i know south side of Brisbane down to the New south wales border is booming with new estates and houses being built everywere,he should be able to walk into a job no problem.

Have a earch thorugh www.relestate.com for a guide to different suburb prices ,prices do vary greatly across the brisbane region.Job wise look at www.seek.com or www.alljobs.com and type in tiler both are good job sites.

Good luck with everything and if you have any questions ,post away and someone will try to help

Cal x

Guest karen&Ian

Thanks Guys for replying

We are from a little place called Euxton near Chorley miles away from the beach so we are not use to the beach type living more country, however I dont really mind living closer to the shore but not sure whether I could cope with the constant influx of tourist.

We dont have any children coming with us, mine are 18 and 20 so if they realise what they are missing when they visit they will have ot come on their own points.

We are looking to rent initially and when we do arrive will be homeless and furniture less, at least ofr several months until it catches up with us, so we will be looking for a short term (2 weeks max) furnished rental while we look at the areas to rent longer term unfurnished (we will probably hire furniture on a week by week basis.

We really cant wait to get out there at least when we are on the plane evething should have been sorted out in UK (except sale of house)

Cal I think I sent you a mail with regards to rental of your furnished properties I hope you got it.

Does anyone know how to get a work permit as my husband will no doubt need one before he can start work and any idea of where he can hire tools as his will be in the container with the rest of our world.

Cheers

Karen :notworthy:

Archived