Husband is a gas engineer with lots of quailifications, how easy is it to get a sponser?

I think you may be misunderstanding how migration works.

If you want to migrate permanently to Australia, then one of you just applies for a skilled visa.  For most permanent visas, no job is required.  Besides, it can take a year or so to go through the process, and not many employers would be willing to wait that long for an employee!   

Employers can only sponsor you for a temporary contract of 2 to 4 years, then you have to go home again.  With three kids, that's probably not what you want, it would be too disruptive.  

1 hour ago, Ashleywigs86 said:

We are looking to migrate to Australia, I am a fully qualified hairdresser with 17years if experience, my husband is a gas engineer with over 10 years experience and lots of qualifications, we have 3 children of 9,7 and 10 months: any information would be very much appreciated. Thanks 

I'm sure you should qualify for a skilled independent visa with either of your professions. I would look into that further, rather than a sponsored visa as its much more secure when your bringing family (kids) with you and means you are ot tied to an employer once here, in fact you don't even need to work in those professions once here if you fancied a change. 

We have quite a few good agents who post on here ,any would give you a free consultation and point you to the right path, its then up t you if you pay them to help yu with the whole process. (i did way back when and they were a godsend)

Good luck with everything

Cal x

• Like 1

To add/clarify what Marisa has posted, employers can sponsor you and this typically starts with either a 2-year or 4-year visa (depends which occupation list your occupation is on).  If your occupation is on the STSOL, then it's a 2-year visa which could be renewed, but then there is no possibility of a PR visa under that occupation with the current legislation.  If your occupation is on the MLTSSL, then the employer can sponsor a PR visa.  Employer sponsorship is certainly possible but it's gotten more difficult due to cost and complexity, and many employers are no longer considering it.