Prospective Marriage to Partner visa - next steps

TickledDragon

Hey!

So I'm soon moving over on my prospective marriage visa, and I understand that I then need to apply for my partner visa (820/801). I have a few questions:

- I want to change my name when I marry - should I apply with my old name (and then submit my new documents to Immi later), or get all the name change sorted before applying (so new UK passport, drivers licence, etc etc, which will take ages to get back from the UK!)

- Should I treat this as an extension of my prospective marriage visa (just include updates to the information I've provided already) or should I treat it as an application from scratch (so a history of our whole relationship, new stat decs, etc)

- Will I need new health exams, etc etc?

Thanks!

Edited by TickledDragon

2 hours ago, TickledDragon said:

Hey!

So I'm soon moving over on my prospective marriage visa, and I understand that I then need to apply for my partner visa (820/801). I have a few questions:

- I want to change my name when I marry - should I apply with my old name (and then submit my new documents to Immi later), or get all the name change sorted before applying (so new UK passport, drivers licence, etc etc, which will take ages to get back from the UK!)

- Should I treat this as an extension of my prospective marriage visa (just include updates to the information I've provided already) or should I treat it as an application from scratch (so a history of our whole relationship, new stat decs, etc)

- Will I need new health exams, etc etc?

Thanks!

The name on your visa must match your passport. If you apply before changing your passport you will need to upload the new one and a change of circumstances form to ensure the visa is granted in the right name. With current processing times you would have plenty of time to change it after you apply and before the grant.

UK driving licence - you are no longer a UK resident and should be changing that to an ozzie one. 

It is a new application for a 820/801 as far as documents go = so you need all your ID docs again etc, plus a new lot of 888s. As far as the medical goes they probably will not want one, i they do, they will ask for it. You will need police checks though.

• 3 months later...