Who’s still waiting for a 190 grant that loaded in June?

Westy123

Hi,

We lodged ours on 19th June so I completely understand how your feeling!

It seems like there are so many direct grants just now for August and even September, it surely can’t be much longer now, still holding out for a grant before Christmas 🤞🏻

Spoke to our agent yesterday and they said not to expect anything now till February but surely not??

I had put the whole thing to the back of my mind for a while but I’m back obsessing over it again.

Hi,
We lodged ours on 19th June so I completely understand how your feeling!
It seems like there are so many direct grants just now for August and even September, it surely can’t be much longer now, still holding out for a grant before Christmas 🤞🏻
Spoke to our agent yesterday and they said not to expect anything now till February but surely not??
I had put the whole thing to the back of my mind for a while but I’m back obsessing over it again.

February!!!! Oh my god I can’t wait till February! I leave my job on
The 24th Dec lol flipping heck I’m praying for next week or early January, who’s your agent xx

• 4 weeks later...
Any news anyone??? 16th July we lodged [emoji30][emoji30] front loaded police checks and medicals too.. AND did the form 80..! Not heard a dam  thing!!!!!
someone throw me a bone and tell me there’s light at the end of this tunnel [emoji85]

We are still in the dark absolutely nothing we are the same lodged 28th June x

We are still waiting too, lodged 19th June, CO contact us on the 12th October for form 80s.

We front loaded medicals and police checks which run out in May! We still have a house to sell too, it’s going to be tight 😩

@Samlakin and @Westy123  I’m guessing you’ll get a direct grant any day if you’ve not heard anything yet

xx

Edited by Emma_M

We are still waiting too, lodged 19th June, CO contact us on the 12th October for form 80s.
We front loaded medicals and police checks which run out in May! We still have a house to sell too, it’s going to be tight [emoji30]
[mention=268282]Samlakin[/mention] and [mention=271555]Westy123[/mention]  I’m guessing you’ll get a direct grant any day if you’ve not heard anything yet
xx

Not heard a peep [emoji853] hopefully any day now xx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, we are 210 days since lodging.. (midwife state sponsored south Australia) three weeks ago my husband was contacted via telephone from Australian high commission regarding his 11 year old son being on my visa app (his mum is letting him come with us when we go) he confirmed he was aware and that he consented and that we was all going together. Then a day later the same office attempted to contact my step sons mum for her to confirm she’s allowing him to come, she however was on holiday and never took the call but her oldest son took it and advised she was away and the date she would be back, they said they would ring back...

NOTHING not heard a dam thing since 🙄😩

we front loaded EVERYTHING form 80, police checks, medicals.. 

we've sold our house, and since December 7th been living in the THEE tinesist house ever invented (my mums 2 bed house) 

we just need out... 

ANYONE GOT ANY NEWS OF ANYTHING??? 

Sam x 

I couldn't  imagine waiting 210 days, we are just at the 90 day mark. SA was in the news yesterday, crying out for migrants as they only got 4% of the migration population last year.  I feel that more focus should be put on the 489 and 190 visa for places that are considered regional.  We (190 State sponsored) should be a priority over the 189 visa who can live anywhere. I feel that if Australia really wanted to push migrants into regional areas, they would focus more on our visa and slow down on the 189 processing. Just my opinion!

Hopefully the grant will come soon, fingers crossed for you!

Hi,

We are now 239 days since lodgement, case officer asked for form 80 back in October and not heard anything since, we front loaded everything too.

At least your ready to go I suppose, we still have our house to sell, my husband doesn’t want to sell until we have the visa! So looks like we’re going to need to make a very expensive validation trip as a family of 5 😩, which was not in the budget.

Really hoping to hear this week! Fingers crossed for you.

x

4 minutes ago, Jenki75 said:

If my visa process goes over the 7-8 month standard processing time, I will submit feedback online via the DOHA website.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-and-support/departmental-forms/online-forms/complaints-compliments-and-suggestions

Has anyone who is passed the 7-8 month mark tried this?

can imagine  what it would say 🤬 hahahaha

59 minutes ago, Jenki75 said:

I couldn't  imagine waiting 210 days, we are just at the 90 day mark. SA was in the news yesterday, crying out for migrants as they only got 4% of the migration population last year.  I feel that more focus should be put on the 489 and 190 visa for places that are considered regional.  We (190 State sponsored) should be a priority over the 189 visa who can live anywhere. I feel that if Australia really wanted to push migrants into regional areas, they would focus more on our visa and slow down on the 189 processing. Just my opinion!

Hopefully the grant will come soon, fingers crossed for you!

Really? Wow how ridiculous.. mine was ALWAYS going to be the back of the sorting pile.. it’s just my luck! That kinda thing is just my bad all the way through my life.. but really losing the will now... 🙄

10 minutes ago, Jenki75 said:

If my visa process goes over the 7-8 month standard processing time, I will submit feedback online via the DOHA website.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-and-support/departmental-forms/online-forms/complaints-compliments-and-suggestions

Has anyone who is passed the 7-8 month mark tried this?

I can see you lodged your ahpra any chance you could help me out with that one as o STILL haven’t done it.. 🙈 was it a night mare? X 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/02/2019 at 16:07, Samlakin said:

I can see you lodged your ahpra any chance you could help me out with that one as o STILL haven’t done it.. 🙈 was it a night mare? X 

Sending the application to AHPRA wasn't too bad, but the list of details they sent me 8 weeks later requesting info was a nightmare (asking for certified copies of course outlines, proof of medication course, certified copies of my Testamur etc), I had a time limit to get it all back to them. After everything they requested they asked me to give permission to extend the assessment time limit. This I did and within a week or so I got the in principle registration. I flew over to present in person and that took and hour or so as I had to get a declaration signed as my COGS was just over the expiry date at that time.

Edited by Jenki75

5 hours ago, Jenki75 said:

Sending the application to AHPRA wasn't too bad, but the list of details they sent me 8 weeks later requesting info was a nightmare (asking for certified copies of course outlines, proof of medication course, certified copies of my Testamur etc), I had a time limit to get it all back to them. After everything they requested they asked me to give permission to extend the assessment time limit. This I did and within a week or so I got the in principle registration. I flew over to present in person and that took and hour or so as I had to get a declaration signed as my COGS was just over the expiry date at that time.

aww thanks for that, need to start the process now :-(

11 hours ago, Westy123 said:

Just thought I would tell everyone after 7 months 3 weeks and 2 days we have got our visa x

Wow that's great! congratulations!!!

UPDATE: My husbands ex partner got a call back this morning (1st attempted to call her three weeks ago to verify that she was aware and consented to her son coming Australia with us but she was away on holiday then) anyway she now has confirmed she is happy for him to be on my visa application.

so now that's done.. hoping to hear something soon.. anyone else had calls like this?

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/02/2019 at 22:40, Emma_M said:

Hi,

We are now 239 days since lodgement, case officer asked for form 80 back in October and not heard anything since, we front loaded everything too.

At least your ready to go I suppose, we still have our house to sell, my husband doesn’t want to sell until we have the visa! So looks like we’re going to need to make a very expensive validation trip as a family of 5 😩, which was not in the budget.

Really hoping to hear this week! Fingers crossed for you.

x

Any news yet Emma? My fingers are crossed for you x

• 2 weeks later...

We had contact from Case officer 2 weeks ago asking for updated contact details for my ex as they have been trying to contact him to confirm he gives consent for my eldest to come with us.

So I’ve re sent all the updated details the same day.

I am so fed up now and starting to worry they’ll give up trying to get him! 

Anyone else been in a similar situation? Our agent said they will just refuse the visa if they can’t get in touch with him. 😕