Parent Visa 804

mikesmyth

There is a question on the parent visa application form regarding health insurance.

image.png.589f4e3bb5b8ea4f19ab6277badc86df.png

Bit of background. My parents are on a 3 month tourist visa without the "No further stay" condition. Another thread mentioned that the bridging visa would apply the conditions of the tourist visa.

1. Does this mean I have to fund for health insurance during the 30 year wait? Since the tourist visa does not provide medicare cover.

2. Should I find insurance cover before submitting the 804 application? Does it have any affect on the outcome? (both initial queuing and final outcome)

3. They wont be able to work either? Since the tourist visa has a 8101 - No Work requirement?

4. Document requirement. My parents each come from a big family and they dont even remember their DOB of some of their siblings. Do they need to include their birth and marriage certificates too?

5. Considering they have about 2 months left on their tourist visa, will I have enough time to do a health check before they can get queued?

Sorry for creating a new thread, did not want to hijack the other. Mods can merge if they see fit.

Edited by mikesmyth

Are your parents generally resident in UK? If so, then they will be covered by the reciprocal agreement for necessary medical intervention BUT that doesn’t include everything that could go wrong with an ageing body so the sensible course would be for them to get comprehensive health insurance. If they aren’t normally resident in a country with the reciprocal agreement then health insurance will be essential. 

No, they can’t work. Nor, btw, can they leave the country unless they apply for a bridging visa which allows them to leave.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mikesmyth said:

There is a question on the parent visa application form regarding health insurance.

image.png.589f4e3bb5b8ea4f19ab6277badc86df.png

Bit of background. My parents are on a 3 month tourist visa without the "No further stay" condition. Another thread mentioned that the bridging visa would apply the conditions of the tourist visa.

1. Does this mean I have to fund for health insurance during the 30 year wait? Since the tourist visa does not provide medicare cover.

2. Should I find insurance cover before submitting the 804 application? Does it have any affect on the outcome? (both initial queuing and final outcome)

3. They wont be able to work either? Since the tourist visa has a 8101 - No Work requirement?

4. Document requirement. My parents each come from a big family and they dont even remember their DOB of some of their siblings. Do they need to include their birth and marriage certificates too?

5. Considering they have about 2 months left on their tourist visa, will I have enough time to do a health check before they can get queued?

Sorry for creating a new thread, did not want to hijack the other. Mods can merge if they see fit.

As far as I know question 63 relates to posters like me who already live in Australia on a retirement visa and are now applying for the pathway 143 visa.

Quite frankly the application form is not an easy one to understand exactly who needs to answer which part.

Edited by ramot
  • Thanks 1

For the checklist it says "provide birth certificates for all the persons included in the application"

I assume its asking for birth certificates of those applying for the visa (implied by "the application"), and not every person listed (like fathers brothers sisters etc) right?

As for insurance, I will get it locally just to be safe.

We previously applied for the 864 visa so I don’t know about the application form for the 804 visa. Best get professional advice if in doubt.

For our 864 application we needed the long birth certificate for us and the short version for our children, who are adults and not included in our application.