AASW - asesssnent time-frame And next steps

Hi

I have just submitted my application to the AASW for an assessment for migration and employment purposes. It should reach them on the 6th Nov so in time for 15th Nov cut off!

Does anybody know the average time frame for knowing the outcome?

Also if it is a positive outcome, next steps and time frames! I understand that the next step would be to complete expression of interest, although unclear on timeframes for this being considered and next steps!

Any guidance would be great!

Hi
My assessment took 26 weeks but I hear that it is taking longer, but how long I am not sure.

Your next step is the expression of interest as long as you have enough points, have you checked how many you will have? Also, do you need to complete an English language test? As this would help with points, and the more you have the quicker you will receive an invite.

What visa do you intend to apply for?

Hi

Thanks for this - hope it was a positive outcome.

So, I have checked and i should definitely have over 65 points. I don’t need to complete an English Language test - with my application I provided evidence of English Language qualifications/grade achieved. I am planning to apply for a skilled indecent visa (189). Do you know how long from EOI it takes to be invited to apply?

Thanks!

On 04/11/2018 at 09:39, AliceDaisyScott said:

Hi

I have just submitted my application to the AASW for an assessment for migration and employment purposes. It should reach them on the 6th Nov so in time for 15th Nov cut off!

Does anybody know the average time frame for knowing the outcome?

Also if it is a positive outcome, next steps and time frames! I understand that the next step would be to complete expression of interest, although unclear on timeframes for this being considered and next steps!

Any guidance would be great!

Hi,

I don't know if this will be much help because my assessment was submitted prior to the cut off dates being introduced. The AASW took about 28/29 weeks to get back to me. I then submitted an application in May of this year for 190 and was invited to apply just around 4 weeks later. And then had my visa granted in September. Sorry for the vague answer re: dates but everything has moved so fast lately. 

I had 65 points plus an additional 5 for the 190 sponsorship which is why I chose that route. 

If you have the opportunity to gain points for your English ability take it. 

Best of luck with your application,

Dai.

I used a migration agent and they submitted my eoi expressing that i wanted to be considered for 190 nomination from NSW. It seemed to be the same process as the 189 but obviously I didn't have a hands on approach. Others maybe able to give you more information.