600 Visa to travel so I can wait in Australia for 309/100

ZoeHoulding

Morning,

Ok i need some more help from you lovely people, I feel totally useless at this!! Ive done all the hard stuff no problem, now I want to apply for 600 visa to travel over in January but Im not sure what Steam I need to apply for?

Tourist stream (tourism/visit family or friends

)Business Visitor stream (business visit for meetings, conferences or negotiations but not for work)

Sponsored Family stream (requires Sponsorship form 1149

)Frequent Traveller stream (tourism or business purposes)

Obviously I dont want to get it wrong, but theres no option to go over to wait for 309/100. Im not really going for a holiday, although staying in a hotel for 2 weeks & we will be "visiting family" as my husbands 2 children live there. Just worried they might think ive chosen the wrong option

My husband has been offered a job to start towards the end of January, he is PR already, applied for visas for myself & 3 children 1st August 2018, everything front loaded.

People already over there waiting, what option did you go with?

Thankyou xx

9 minutes ago, ZoeHoulding said:

Morning,

Ok i need some more help from you lovely people, I feel totally useless at this!! Ive done all the hard stuff no problem, now I want to apply for 600 visa to travel over in January but Im not sure what Steam I need to apply for?

Tourist stream (tourism/visit family or friends

)Business Visitor stream (business visit for meetings, conferences or negotiations but not for work)

Sponsored Family stream (requires Sponsorship form 1149

)Frequent Traveller stream (tourism or business purposes)

Obviously I dont want to get it wrong, but theres no option to go over to wait for 309/100. Im not really going for a holiday, although staying in a hotel for 2 weeks & we will be "visiting family" as my husbands 2 children live there. Just worried they might think ive chosen the wrong option

My husband has been offered a job to start towards the end of January, he is PR already, applied for visas for myself & 3 children 1st August 2018, everything front loaded.

People already over there waiting, what option did you go with?

Thankyou xx

you would be travelling as a tourist.

There is no visa designed for people waiting for another visa, because you're supposed to wait offshore till it's granted.  

If you want to go over for a visit while you're waiting, then you just get an ordinary tourist visa.  If the 309 hasn't come through by the end of the tourist visa, then you  have to go home again. 

• Like 1