Moving to Perth from uk

Jo and Megan Australia

On 21 September 2018 at 04:43, Jo and Megan Australia said:

I'm 36 I'm currently in England a single mum of a daughter of 11. My dad permanent resident 9years lives in Perth with his wife Jackie who is a resident 

I would like to move to be with them 

Is there any advice anyone can give to help me do this please many thanks 

You'd need to investigate what visa you could apply for, so your job is a key point here and whether you'd qualify for a work visa. Your dad being there doesn't qualify you for a visa and/or residency on its own. Also, as you would be taking your daughter away from the UK, you would need - in line with The Hague a convention - permission from her other parent to remove her from the UK, otherwise it could be classed as child abduction if the other parent pursues it.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Beffers said:

You'd need to investigate what visa you could apply for, so your job is a key point here and whether you'd qualify for a work visa. Your dad being there doesn't qualify you for a visa and/or residency on its own. Also, as you would be taking your daughter away from the UK, you would need - in line with The Hague a convention - permission from her other parent to remove her from the UK, otherwise it could be classed as child abduction if the other parent pursues it.  

I don't think it's a case of child abduction if the other parent pursues it. The visa will not be granted unless permission is in place.

• Like 1

On 20/09/2018 at 22:33, Tulip1 said:

Unless you can qualify for a visa in your own right I can't see how you can move there. Your dad being there is irrelevant I'm afraid.  If you could get a visa somehow you would need the permission of your child's father to remove them 

Sorry for late reply thank you for your advice x my daughters father is in  airforce so doesn't see her alot through out the year so he is happy for her to go and have the opportunity she would get being with her grandad and Jackie would be amazing. Thanks again will look at other options x

Thank you for all your advice x my main question is who are then best people to talk too and help with what I need to do to qualify. as there is so much information out there and it's confusing me on where to start. I will try my best to reply to you all but I work long hours and lots of clubs etc with my daughter so will do my my best thanks again 

1 minute ago, Jo and Megan Australia said:

Sorry for late reply thank you for your advice x my daughters father is in  airforce so doesn't see her alot through out the year so he is happy for her to go and have the opportunity she would get being with her grandad and Jackie would be amazing. Thanks again will look at other options x

That's the easy bit sorted then, dad just needs to do a statutory declaration giving consent.  The hard bit is getting the visa.  Have a look at the skilled visa section to see if your occupation is on it.  If it's not then sadly it's not to be.  Thousands and thousands want to join family in Oz but for a high percentage of them it's just not possible, unless you have skills they want.  If it's not to be then there's always lovely holidays to enjoy, best of luck. 

1 minute ago, Jo and Megan Australia said:

Thank you for all your advice x my main question is who are then best people to talk too and help with what I need to do to qualify. as there is so much information out there and it's confusing me on where to start. I will try my best to reply to you all but I work long hours and lots of clubs etc with my daughter so will do my my best thanks again 

What is your job? That's the first and most important starting point.

There are some excellent migrant agents on here so it may be worth talking to them (wrussell above is one).  In terms of what you need to do to qualify, that's the look at the skills list part. If your occupation is on there you may be in luck. If not then you don't qualify. People have mentioned on here before about retraining in an occupation that is on the list. That's always a dangerous thing unless you genuinely want to work in that area. This is because of two things, firstly you may spend years getting there and in that time that occupation has been removed from the list (it's happened to many) and even if it stays on the list it will take many years as not only do you need to qualify you need years of post qualifying job experience.  By that time hanging out with her grandad may be low down on your daughters list of cool things to do.