Part Time work dilema

jimbobandrachel

HI

we arrived in Melbourne 4 weeks ago on a 572 visa (student) and as I am the one studying my girlfriend is trying to find work as an Analyst. She has been in touch with loads of agencies who have plenty of full time roles, but nothing part time.

She is now finding that she is over qualified as the part time roles are mainly administration and would mean that we could not achieve the income we would need to live as we can only both work 20 hours.

Is anybody else having the same issue? Any suggestions appreciated.

Jim:arghh:

Can you not approach employers direct rather than via an agency,im sure they would rather have a competent member of staff part time than no one at all,if you had the oppurtunity to go for an interview and sell yourself then at the end explain why you can only do part time they may be a bit more understanding,,

Cal x

Can you not approach employers direct rather than via an agency,im sure they would rather have a competent member of staff part time than no one at all,if you had the oppurtunity to go for an interview and sell yourself then at the end explain why you can only do part time they may be a bit more understanding,,

Cal x

Hi

We've just put a load of letters with references in the post tonight going direct, but unfortunately, the kind of job Rachel has been doing is generally recruited for via an agency. But there's no harm in trying.

It's just frustrating, that like the UK, Australia has trouble getting it's own people to work, yet Rachel would live to work full time, as she's not one to sit around the house, plus I don't want her going shopping everyday!

Cheers, and here's hoping

JIm

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Jim

Like Cal says apply to the employers direct, maybe apply for the jobs that are full time and if your oh gets an interview she can explain to them that she can work part time, if she is viable to a company they may go out of their way to work something out for her.

Hi Jim

Like Cal says apply to the employers direct, maybe apply for the jobs that are full time and if your oh gets an interview she can explain to them that she can work part time, if she is viable to a company they may go out of their way to work something out for her.

Hi

Yeah, sounds like the next plan of action, no harm in trying. I'm sure something will turn up eventually.

Jim

Archived