Notary Public Attestation

Kaleem

Hi,

Is it mandatory to get the copies of all of your documents ( passports, birth certificates, employment references etc) attested by a Notary Public while applying for the skilled visa (190).?

I have already got my docs attested by a Notary public, but my agent is insisting to get the contact details stamped on each paper. This can be a difficult task as most Notary public in Pakistan do not have a chamber or office, and they just sit on a make shift bench outside the court. 

Please guide me, as this issue is becoming very annoying.

Thank You

Kaleem

For the visa itself colour scans are acceptable as it is an online process. The various assessing bodies have different rules though. Check with your agent why they are not just using colour scans. MARA agents are often authorised to notify documents. 

I am guessing this must be for the skill assessment, if so they will need some contact details for the person verifying the documents. 

1 hour ago, rammygirl said:

For the visa itself colour scans are acceptable as it is an online process. The various assessing bodies have different rules though. Check with your agent why they are not just using colour scans. MARA agents are often authorised to notify documents. 

I am guessing this must be for the skill assessment, if so they will need some contact details for the person verifying the documents. 

Thank for your reply.

I have already got my invite from Tas and now preparing for visa application. I asked my agent about this and he gave me a very long reply, which in essence was that it is for the security of the application, as case officers do not reject notary public attested copies, whereas for normal color scans of original, they can either start investigation or start refuse the visa.

4 hours ago, Toots said:

I went to a retired Notary Public who worked from home.  He still had an official stamp which was very important and his home address included on top of the letterhead when stating what I had required from him.

Are you from Pakistan Toots? 

No, I am originally from Scotland - been here for nearly 37 years but I did have to find a Notary Public in Tasmania (where I live) to witness and sign documents from overseas.  I asked if I could use a solicitor or a barrister but the answer was 'No".  It had to be a Notary Public.