Medicals - self declaration for 190 category required?

You need to be careful when you get your medicals done. You only have 12 months between the date of medical and the first entry date. You could leave yourself very short on time if you get your medicals done now and your grant comes in 11 months. This isn't an unrealistic possibly.

3 hours ago, LauraHol89 said:

You have to have been invited and be lodging your final visa application before you will be given your HAP id. 

You are way too early on in the process at the moment (by the sounds of it) for your medicals if you haven't even had your invite yet. 

I know there  is a provision to get the HAP id and the medical tests even before an invitation. I also understand the risk here of not having enough lead time once I get the visa which is fine since I plan to take off as soon as I get my 190.

The main issue is 190 does not show inh the HAP ID form. 

2 hours ago, Meltingpot_Pete said:

I know there  is a provision to get the HAP id and the medical tests even before an invitation. I also understand the risk here of not having enough lead time once I get the visa which is fine since I plan to take off as soon as I get my 190.

The main issue is 190 does not show inh the HAP ID form. 

It is pointless though as it doesn't speed up the process at all and an invitation even for a 190 can take a long time at the moment - I have seen 190's taking many months. Be aware of just what it means if timing goes against you. If you get the the visa one day before the 12 months is up, meaning you have a matter of hours to make first entry. Immigration will not care, you lose the visa. At the same time it in know way speeds up the visa as it just sits in the background until the point the case officer would have requested them

3 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

It is pointless though as it doesn't speed up the process at all and an invitation even for a 190 can take a long time at the moment - I have seen 190's taking many months. Be aware of just what it means if timing goes against you. If you get the the visa one day before the 12 months is up, meaning you have a matter of hours to make first entry. Immigration will not care, you lose the visa. At the same time it in know way speeds up the visa as it just sits in the background until the point the case officer would have requested them

Thanks VERYSTROMY, the main idea was to speed up the process once I get an invite. If that's not the case then there is no point doing this now.