5 points for skills assessment bricklayer

y not

Hi All

Just found out about the points being raised to 65, so now we are short by 5. So only just started looking to see if i could claim some for being an ex bricklayer. I have not been on site for over 10 years but have 13 yrs experience. (been doing  building maintenance for the past 12 yrs) just need an extra 5 points to add to the wife 60 points. So does anyone know if this is possible, I'm not going for a bricklaying job in oz so don't need a skills assessment  just need to get the points if possible.

Thanks for any help on this

Just want to get points for my bricklaying qualifications not after working as a bricklayer in Au. Just found Migration skills assessment which is paper based and just checks your qualifications. Its not clear cut so just wondering if anyone else has used it to get some points?  

On 30/06/2018 at 03:28, y not said:

Hi All

Just found out about the points being raised to 65, so now we are short by 5. So only just started looking to see if i could claim some for being an ex bricklayer. I have not been on site for over 10 years but have 13 yrs experience. (been doing  building maintenance for the past 12 yrs) just need an extra 5 points to add to the wife 60 points. So does anyone know if this is possible, I'm not going for a bricklaying job in oz so don't need a skills assessment  just need to get the points if possible.

Thanks for any help on this

19 hours ago, y not said:

Just want to get points for my bricklaying qualifications not after working as a bricklayer in Au. Just found Migration skills assessment which is paper based and just checks your qualifications. Its not clear cut so just wondering if anyone else has used it to get some points?  

I think you can claim points for a partner qualification, but I think  the skill you are claiming must be on the same list as the primary applicant and you must be able to pass the skill assessment for that occupation 

your history in the occupation of bricklayer seems a bit sketchy would suggest you contact a reputable migration agent to see if it’s possible 

good luck I know there are many who will fall short with the new rules 

The occupation must be on the same list yes, and you must have 'currency' in the occupation being applied for. e.g. if applying via Vetassess then 4 years full time *paid* experience in the occupation, including 6 months in past three years, or with ACTS, then 3 years experience, including 1 year in last 3.

Regards,

Richard

23 minutes ago, y not said:

we have decided to throw in the towel. Since 2011 we have been trying this was are last chance and that 65 points has just killed it for us. Gutted. But thanks for all your help on this site.

Gutted for you. Make the life you have fabulous and try not to get dragged down by “ what ifs”. Life might just as easily been crap in Australia. Take care.