Proof needed for de facto on 190 /489??

Jellica

Hi,

We are going to apply for a state sponsored visa next month and I am preparing as much of the paperwork as I can now so we can put it through as soon as my partner sponsored. We have even completed forms 80 and 1221, I want the application to be complete to hopefully enable a quicker processing time so we can move to Oz sooner rather than later :)

I'm looking at the information we need to prove our de facto relationship ... we have been together for 15 years, lived together for 12 years and have two children together aged 2 years and 3months who will also be included on the visa application.

I keep reading that if there are compelling and compassionate circumstances for the grant of the visa, for example, there is a child of the relationship then proof of the de facto relationship is not required.

So my question is ... should we still collate and submit proof of our relationship? or will the two children definitely cover this aspect? Anyone had experience here?

Thanks in advance

8 hours ago, Jellica said:

Hi,

We are going to apply for a state sponsored visa next month and I am preparing as much of the paperwork as I can now so we can put it through as soon as my partner sponsored. We have even completed forms 80 and 1221, I want the application to be complete to hopefully enable a quicker processing time so we can move to Oz sooner rather than later ?

I'm looking at the information we need to prove our de facto relationship ... we have been together for 15 years, lived together for 12 years and have two children together aged 2 years and 3months who will also be included on the visa application.

I keep reading that if there are compelling and compassionate circumstances for the grant of the visa, for example, there is a child of the relationship then proof of the de facto relationship is not required.

So my question is ... should we still collate and submit proof of our relationship? or will the two children definitely cover this aspect? Anyone had experience here?

Thanks in advance

Full evidence still required, even if you have children. 

• Like 1

we have 4 children together and still provided evidence of our relationship. i submitted joint bank statements, travel itinery, utilities in both names, family photographs and  emails between us. i was also a secondary applicant on a 457 visa a few years ago also and submitted the same as above with no issues or questions asked. Hope that helps

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Dear all,

I lodged my  489 nominations to SA and NSW and waiting to get invited. I'm planning to get married later this year. So, My questions are

1. what if they invite me before I get marry and I lodged visa application, Can I still include my Partner with my visa application? If yes, just a marriage certificate enough or do they required more evidence? 2. If it's too late can i apply for her subsequent 489 visas? what are the required documents for that visa?   Please advice! Thank you.