Robina or upper coomera

There's really no point in trying to decide now.  You will need to book an AirBnb, or maybe a cabin at a caravan park, for a month when you first arrive, while you look for a place to rent. Then it will depend what's available in those two areas, too, of course.

If you were thinking of finding a place to live before you leave the UK, don't.  It's never a good idea to sign a lease without seeing the property, because you can't believe the photos online.  They are often heavily retouched or they avoid photographing the bad bits.

2 hours ago, Marisawright said:

It's never a good idea to sign a lease without seeing the property, because you can't believe the photos online.  They are often heavily retouched or they avoid photographing the bad bits.

100% Agree. 

Hi thanks for that. Not got work yet but I’m guessing it’s better to be closer to Brisbane? The air bnb’s are really expensive as we arrive just before Christmas! My brother in law lives in Melbourne so is going to travel up and look around the houses for us.
Are all schools generally good in both areas??

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paul Washbourn said:

Hi thanks for that. Not got work yet but I’m guessing it’s better to be closer to Brisbane? The air bnb’s are really expensive as we arrive just before Christmas! My brother in law lives in Melbourne so is going to travel up and look around the houses for us.
Are all schools generally good in both areas??

Ashmore Palms cabin park has been where quite a few family's have stayed,especially in summer as they have a pool and also do (or at least used to) give good discounts if you stay for 4 weeks or more. 4 weeks is a good time frame to find a good area, work, a rental etc without running around like a loon ! Don't sign up for a rental without someone you really trust checking the house and area out at different times of day.

Work wise, it will depend what you do, my hubby and son commute the 45/ 50 min to the coast every dat for work, hubby has done this since we first migrated and son since he graduated, not all good job opportunities are in Brissy.

School wise, i would have a look when you get here and see what you think and how the kids feel. Some you hear more about than others but i dont think any are really bad schools. Aus schools are very different to UK ones, not better or worse just different and can take some adjusting too from a parents point of view.

Cal x