PTE exam

Hi guys my wife has just carried out her exam for the second time as she needs 20 point from it so Top marks really. The first exam she got an average of 74 and second time 90. But a few in the second test such as spelling and written discorce she got low marks but aced them in the first test. Can these be combined or do those areas not matter so much which is what we’re told. I fail to see how she can get 90 odd on spelling in the first and really low in the second when that test went much better. But if she gets the 20 points it’s not worth arguing over I feel.

IMG_6585.jpgIMG_6584.jpg

See what you guys think.

Cheers Darren.

That second image is enough to get the 20 points. You need a minimum of 79 in Listening, Reading, Reading & Writing. The Enabling skills do not matter for Australia visas.

Although it doesn't actually matter. A low writing score but high enabling skills generally means the test taker wasn't on topic for something. Looking at those results probably something that also incorporates listen such as retell lecture.

6 hours ago, Dorsetbrit said:

Hi guys my wife has just carried out her exam for the second time as she needs 20 point from it so Top marks really. The first exam she got an average of 74 and second time 90. But a few in the second test such as spelling and written discorce she got low marks but aced them in the first test. Can these be combined or do those areas not matter so much which is what we’re told. I fail to see how she can get 90 odd on spelling in the first and really low in the second when that test went much better. But if she gets the 20 points it’s not worth arguing over I feel.

IMG_6585.jpgIMG_6584.jpg

See what you guys think.

Cheers Darren.

JetBlast is spot on. They just need the 4 communicative skills.

From the second test-she has over 79 in listening, reading, speaking and writing = 20 points.

she therefore doesn’t need to combine anything/do another test!

• 10 months later...

Hi Dorsetbrit,

I am currently trying to get through my English test. I have already completed a PTE exam but only managed to get 76, i have also completed an IETLS but was let down by my writing scores!!

I was wondering how did you wife manage to achieve top scores for PTE?

Does she recommend any books, websites that can help me study please?

I am a native English speaker,  but i am struggling how to best achieve the top marks.

Hopefully you can help.

Hi I think you only need IETLS or PTE to gain points for the visa so it may be beneficial to focus on just one?

My wife practiced a lot prior to the exam. There are free practice tests online which first explain how to answer the question and give tips on how to achieve top marks. This really helped. She’s also timed herself as this is a crucial element of the test.

My wife also said that you could purchase a mock exam online which might also be beneficial?

Best of luck, I hope you gain the scores you’re looking for.

• 2 months later...