457 Subsequent Entrant Visa

Hello Friends!

I am on 457 Visa and My Employer is hesitant to give the sponsoring letter for subsequent entrant (my wife) visa application. They have been postponing it everytime and going by their recent mood I am guessing they are soon going to bluntly reject for sponsoring her. In such a case what can I do?

Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks!

It's up to the business if they want to sponsor your wife as well.  If they refuse to extend their sponsorship to her, you have limited options.  Unless you can apply for a PR visa and include your wife, you'll need to put up with the separation, find another employer who would be willing to take over your nomination (and then sponsor your wife), or resign and go home.

I had the same issues with my employer.  I was the first 457 sponsorship they had done and they were very nervous about allowing me to add a partner (despite us both being from low risk countries), mainly due to the clause that says if we disappeared they have to pay dog the bounty hunter to locate us both and if they terminate my employment they have to pay for flights back to both our home countries.  After a lot of negotiation I ended up agreeing a bond of a few thousand AUD as a 'security', repaid either if I resign or gain PR.  Not sure of the legalities of this, but it did the trick.  Maybe worth a try?  Or just get straight to the point and ask outright why they are refusing.