U.K. application time frame

Askem81

Hi everyone, I’ve been so excited to see how quickly some U.K. applications for 309/100 have been lately. We lodged my husband’s visa on April 18th and it was a full and complete application form via an agent. We have done the medical and police clearance and all documents etc have been uploaded. We have a son and have been married 8 years so hopefully all will be well. My question is that our agent said we won’t hear anything at all from a case officer as we have done everything. Is this the case? I thought we may still be informed when a case officer is allocated? The waiting is by far the worst part!! 

Please send me your success stories so I can live in hope and vicariously through all you lovely folks! 

Thanks!

We are in a similar boat, married 11 years, 2 kids, full application now in.  I guess the case officer will only contact you if they need something.  I am rather hoping to go straight to a grant letter with the magic 100 on it!

We applied on the 19th March, so close to 2 months now.  My wife's NPC only arrived on Monday though, so fully loaded as of yesterday.n  Good luck!

5 hours ago, Askem81 said:

Thanks Jon the Hat! What’s the NPC? Police check? I’m hoping for the same grant letter with the 100! Fingers crossed! Have you also been told that processing times from the U.K. are quite quick at the moment? 

Yes the Australian Federal Police National Police Check.  There have been a few people on here who got them in a couple of months, so fingers crossed.

Applied 16th Feb 2018 ( front loaded ) 

request for more Docs 17th Feb ( hadn’t uploaded any supporting docs as I thought I had ages ) 

Sub class 100 granted 15th March 2018! 

Married 2 years 

2 dependant children 

1 child from previous relationship attached to my application . 

No agent used. 

Good Luck all , I fly out to Sydney 28th June  this year x 

My husbands visa runs out for Britain on the 1st of August and we don’t really want to wait another 2.5year for him to be able to apply for citizenship for here. 

Si striking whilst the iron is hot so to speak. 

A little nervous but I’m sure it will be ok.

• 3 weeks later...

Any news yet Jon the Hat? The waiting is so hard!! 

On 16/05/2018 at 17:41, Jon the Hat said:

Yes the Australian Federal Police National Police Check.  There have been a few people on here who got them in a couple of months, so fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, Askem81 said:

Any news yet Jon the Hat? The waiting is so hard!! 

TBH its not even been a couple of months since you lodged, so its not long at all really. 

You are all together as a family still are you not? If so, its not that bad waiting for a grant. It also gives you time to wind things up in the UK, de clutter, plan, get quotes, research and so on. You can still be productive while waiting. Life isn't in limbo. 

I think the official wait times are still 10 months plus so if you get anything inside of this, consider it a bonus is how I suggest people look at it. Yes they had been ploughing through grants pretty quickly for a while in lots of cases (not all) but not sure if that is still the case or if they have caught up with backlog or have gone back to the standard processing times.

Stop comparing your timeline with others as it really serves no purpose and if you see others who lodged after you being granted and nothing on your application as yet, it can get pretty upsetting if you allow it. Different things factor in and no one knows how the CO's work or the processes they follow.

I lodged mine, then pretty much just went off and carried on living life, worked to the timeline for the grants and got busy with all the things needing doing in readiness for the move to Aus. Back then the processing time was 9 months or so, as it was mine came through in 7 months but we didn't move till  just after the 9 month mark anyways as we had planned for (had my visa not come through we planned for me to apply for a tourist visa to enter Aus on but this was not needed obviously). 

You most likely won't hear from a CO until grant if you lodged a complete application. You used an agent, lodged a complete application, nothing more to do unless a CO contacts asking for something else ?

6 hours ago, snifter said:

TBH its not even been a couple of months since you lodged, so its not long at all really. 

You are all together as a family still are you not? If so, its not that bad waiting for a grant. It also gives you time to wind things up in the UK, de clutter, plan, get quotes, research and so on. You can still be productive while waiting. Life isn't in limbo. 

I think the official wait times are still 10 months plus so if you get anything inside of this, consider it a bonus is how I suggest people look at it. Yes they had been ploughing through grants pretty quickly for a while in lots of cases (not all) but not sure if that is still the case or if they have caught up with backlog or have gone back to the standard processing times.

Stop comparing your timeline with others as it really serves no purpose and if you see others who lodged after you being granted and nothing on your application as yet, it can get pretty upsetting if you allow it. Different things factor in and no one knows how the CO's work or the processes they follow.

I lodged mine, then pretty much just went off and carried on living life, worked to the timeline for the grants and got busy with all the things needing doing in readiness for the move to Aus. Back then the processing time was 9 months or so, as it was mine came through in 7 months but we didn't move till  just after the 9 month mark anyways as we had planned for (had my visa not come through we planned for me to apply for a tourist visa to enter Aus on but this was not needed obviously). 

You most likely won't hear from a CO until grant if you lodged a complete application. You used an agent, lodged a complete application, nothing more to do unless a CO contacts asking for something else ?

I appreciate the advice snifter. It’s for personal reasons that I’m itching to get there. Also, when you see a post that says someone else’s only took 23 days...one can’t help but compare and hope! Thanks you anyway and your advice makes total sense. X

On 02/06/2018 at 07:52, Askem81 said:

I appreciate the advice snifter. It’s for personal reasons that I’m itching to get there. Also, when you see a post that says someone else’s only took 23 days...one can’t help but compare and hope! Thanks you anyway and your advice makes total sense. X

Nothing this end, I am trying to forget about it for a while, but not really succeeding.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys. Just want to say a massive thankyou to everyone on this forum answering questions directly or via my serial stalking.
We submitted my 309/100 today so the wait begins.
Bit of background we have been defacto 8 years, married 5 and have a child together so hoping for a straight to 100 but not counting any chickens til they hatch.
Wouldnt have done it without PIO so thanks to everyone.
I will be booking medical and police check on Monday as didnt front load but everything else is in (i think!!!)
Will let you know re stats as they come back. Would be interested to hear how everyone else gets on.
Fingers crossed for us all ... now for a large glass of wine!!!

• Like 2