88 days

Ng123

Just to clarify when can you include weekends in your days Working on a casual basis.

If you work 38hrs + can you include weekend? 

If you work 30hrs the next week I understand that you cant include your weekends?

Is including weekends on a week by week basis ? 

I am also searching for the answer to this! I am under the impression that any week that is equivelant to full time employment, weekends will be counted. 

I I called the immi guys the other day and spoke to 4 people, one was about 90% sure, the other two didn't have a clue and the third seemed to agree, however, she was very short and uninterested and I'm not 100% sure she understood the question! 

Immigration do not make it easy to understand at all. 

My understanding is also if you work 38hrs + you can include the weekends or week days if you cover the hours mon tues Fri Sat for example ? 

This is not a simple question as it depends on a number of factors including the structure of the work and industry standards. 

There are specific and extensive Policy guidelines in regards to this and specific examples of how to calculate the time, depending on the situation.

Sometimes weekends count, sometimes they do not.

As an example of when weekends count: "The applicant works on a farm for 3 months, from Monday to Friday each week, with Saturday and Sunday off. In this instance, the weekends do not have to be “deducted” from the total 3 months, and the applicant is considered to have worked 7 days each week."

Generally, if it is a casual position, weekend will not count: "if the applicant’s work is not equivalent to full time employment, that is, part time or casual, they may only count the full days actually worked."