How long were your individual relationship statements?

tsc

Hi everyone,

I am just trying to get an idea from successful visa applicants how many words there applicant and sponsor relationship statements were please. I appreciate it is often quality not quantity, but it is comforting to have a rough idea.

Thank you 

Hi tsc

Length of the statement is not important. Statement should cover history of your relationship, your presence circumstances and your future plan.

Important dates in your respective statement should match. I find it a good idea to write in chronological order.

Kind regards,

Choon Ghee (Sara) Gan

MARN 1574687

NEW PAGE migration

Again as the above poster said , everyone’s statements will be different lengths as nobody’s relationship is the same . 

Mines personally was six pages , my husband five , both typed. Spanning 3 years ( trip to Aus , our wedding and births of our two children ) . 

Good luck x 

As above. Everyone is different. There is no right or wrong but you must cover and included what is expected.

Mine was about 3 pages of A4, typed. Husband wrote 5 pages by hand. We’d been together about 7 or 8 years at the time.

We wrote in chronological order and ensured we double checked all the dates we included to ensure we were not confusing them. However, our statements were very different in style and we didn’t both cover all the exact same things. It was our own statement after all. They did reflect our life together and covered all the points immigration were wanting.

On 4/25/2018 at 01:29, tsc said:

Hi everyone,

I am just trying to get an idea from successful visa applicants how many words there applicant and sponsor relationship statements were please. I appreciate it is often quality not quantity, but it is comforting to have a rough idea.

Thank you 

Don't make it too long as case officers don't want to spend time reading  a Mills and Boons novel.

1 to 2 pages is fine as long as you mention all of the key dates of your relationship and mention the financial, social and domestic aspects of your relationship.

Don't make it too long as case officers don't want to spend time reading  a Mills and Boons novel.

Ohh! she gasped as I ripped the thin silk from her heaving bosom.

To confirm important dates and relationship developments a bullet form precis is ok for a relationship statement. 

• Like 1