EOI Ready?

Hi guys! I think I am finally at the stage where I am ready to look at sending off my EOI for the 189 visa.  I received my IELTS yesterday and my positive skills assessment for Special Needs Teacher. I will have 65 points. (I know that invites are being given for higher points at the moment but I can't use my years as a primary school teacher for the experience so can't get any higher points.) 

At this stage, is my skills assessment and IELTS results all I need for the EOI? Should I look at the 190 visa also for NSW, as then I would have 70 points? I've already taught before in NSW so have teacher registration there, which I put on hold for up to 5 years when I left in 2015. 

Thanks for any help! :) 

Yep, that is all you need for your 189 eoi. At the moment, you will not get an invite with 65 points as the bare minimum for an invite is 70 at the moment, but that may change July 1. There would be no harm in going for NSW sponsorship if that is where you intend to live and you can have both eoi in simultaneous. 

On 4/21/2018 at 19:21, VERYSTORMY said:

Yep, that is all you need for your 189 eoi. At the moment, you will not get an invite with 65 points as the bare minimum for an invite is 70 at the moment, but that may change July 1. There would be no harm in going for NSW sponsorship if that is where you intend to live and you can have both eoi in simultaneous. 

Hello dear , 

can I plz ask u we are going to apply for eoi for nsw for 55 points for motor mechanic .. what u think about our chances ??

On 4/21/2018 at 23:51, VERYSTORMY said:

Hi there,  

I'm just wondering how you know the minimum points for an invite is 70?  Where can we find out that information?  sorry if this is a stupid question!

2 hours ago, Mrsteacher said:

Hi there,  

I'm just wondering how you know the minimum points for an invite is 70?  Where can we find out that information?  sorry if this is a stupid question!

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Work/Skil

under the ‘invitation rounds’ section it will show you current and previous rounds and the points that were invited