WHV

Amy86

Hi Guys,

today the immigration has updated the new processing time for the 417 Visa.

It will be between 23 and 53 days.

I'm just worried for my sister in law because she is in Australia with a student Visa but it will expire in June. So now, she is thinking to go back to Italy, apply for the 417 and Wait till the Visa will be approved.

I'm also worried that nowadays, causing all those changes and tough rules, her Visa can be refused, because the Immigration can think that she is finding a different way to stay permanently in Australia.

Please share with me your experiences and your knowledges about this matter.

Thank you ?

There's always a chance that when someone has been in Australia for a substantial amount of time already and applies for another visa so quickly that the immigration will consider (as you have said) that someone is trying to find a different way of staying in Aus

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure I understand fully, and am in no way an expert. But, can she apply for the WHV from inside Australia? I would have thought that once the application is submitted she'd be granted a bridging visa until a decision has been made on the WHV so would therefore not be outstaying her current student visa? 

As for the student visa to working holiday, I have no idea about how immigration would see that, sorry, but wish her the best of luck.

13 minutes ago, GoogoobarabajagalInStraya said:

I'm not sure I understand fully, and am in no way an expert. But, can she apply for the WHV from inside Australia? I would have thought that once the application is submitted she'd be granted a bridging visa until a decision has been made on the WHV so would therefore not be outstaying her current student visa? 

As for the student visa to working holiday, I have no idea about how immigration would see that, sorry, but wish her the best of luck.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/417-#

First Working Holiday visa: You must be outside Australia when you apply for your first Working Holiday visa and when the visa is decided.

• Thanks 1

Hi there, don't know if this is the right place to post this question but I would like to go for a WHV towards the end of this year. However, I was born in November 2000 so I'm not turning 18 until November this year. Can I still apply for a WHV if I book a flight that lands after my birthday? Is there any way I can go before I'm 18? If not, do you know of any other solution that would allow me to easily find work and travel, maybe in Europe instead of Oceania? (I have a European passport btw). Thank you for your help!