Centrelink assistance for students

Wulworra

Hello everyone,

wasnt sure whether to post this in finance but happy to move if it's not appropriate here.

my daughter studies part time at college for a diploma and is looking for work too.  Because it's part time study she doesn't appear to qualify for any financial assistance - the centrelink youth allowance is for full time study Or work seekers, and she doesn't get a student opal card or prescription concessions.  Has anyone else had this experience with college students and does anyone know if there is any assistance she can claim whether through centrelink or any other organisation?  I've scoured the internet but not getting much back.

thanks!

Many students here have a part time job whilst they study at university, whether the study is full time or part time.

To be eligible to receive youth allowance she really will need to study full time. If she does study full time then the youth allowance amount will be based on the incomes of parents as she will be classed dependent.

Edited by Sammy1

16 minutes ago, Sammy1 said:

Many students here have a part time job whilst they study at university, whether the study is full time or part time.

To be eligible to receive youth allowance she really will need to study full time. If she does study full time then the youth allowance amount will be based on the incomes of parents as she will be classed dependent.

We just calculated for my son whose studying full time ... he'll get nothing because of our combined wages