Merseyside area

Scousers1

South Liverpool (e.g. Allerton, Mossley Hill, St Michael's, Calderstones) and Formby are the only areas I would entertain these days. Crosby has gone down the nick a bit. Only thing is South Liverpool and the likes of Formby are anywhere between 350k-1M for a decent gaff. Heswall is nice but too dear and out of the way.

Edited by s713

2 minutes ago, s713 said:

South Liverpool (e.g. Allerton, Mossley Hill, St Michael's, Calderstones) and Formby are the only areas I would entertain these days. Crosby has gone down the nick a bit. Only thing is South Liverpool and the likes of Formby are anywhere between 350k-1M for a decent gaff. Heswall is nice but too dear and out of the way.

What are Hoylake and West Kirby like these days?  Used like Bebington too.

• 1 year later...
On 28/03/2018 at 09:46, s713 said:

Not au fait with the Wirral to be honest.

My bro lives in Crosby and is looking for a move to Formby as Crosby is on the wane. Personally, Sth Liverpool is better for mine, I like Calderstones area.

We emigrated from Crosby to the Gold Coast.  What's happening in the old place?   Is Blundellsands included in that assessment?  Just interested, no intention of returning... although we went back on holiday last year to Liverpool and the City Centre was buzzing... thought it had really progressed.

• 1 month later...

Now that I'm back in the UK, I don't think there is anything wrong with Crosby, think it's just my bro getting ahead of himself.

And yeah, the changes in the city centre are amazing, it's really buzzing and the work continues.

1 hour ago, s713 said:

Now that I'm back in the UK, I don't think there is anything wrong with Crosby, think it's just my bro getting ahead of himself.

And yeah, the changes in the city centre are amazing, it's really buzzing and the work continues.

I used to work in Liverpool city centre.  The office was in Basnet Street above M&S and opposite John Lewis.  That was many years ago but the city always had a buzz about it.  Great place.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Toots said:

I used to work in Liverpool city centre.  The office was in Basnet Street above M&S and opposite John Lewis.  That was many years ago but the city always had a buzz about it.  Great place.

I used to work in the Port of Liverpool building, great place and good end of town for after-work drinks.

The city centre has had massive development, very impressive.

5 minutes ago, s713 said:

I used to work in the Port of Liverpool building, great place and good end of town for after-work drinks.

The city centre has had massive development, very impressive.

I used to meet my husband and friends in The Globe pub after work on a Friday.  Aaaah memories.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toots said:

I used to meet my husband and friends in The Globe pub after work on a Friday.  Aaaah memories.  

My wife's mate's Aunt owns the Midland, think that is next door. We were in there a couple of weeks back.

I like Liverpool because there is so much packed into what is quite a small centre, easy to get anywhere and loads to do.